Night Warehouse WorkerJob ID PUY00000120 Date posted 01/24/2020
- Perform under the guidance of each department SOP and/or direction of the area supervisor.
- Maintain the highest of quality product and service, accuracy and team work.
- Picking/Replenishment – pull and prepare items for shipment or replenishment and/or perform all picking duties in a timely and efficient manner as directed thorough the WMS instructions.
- Shipping – Hand-load product onto power conveyor/pallet in a safe, timely and efficient manner as directed by the WMS instructions and as directed by the department supervisor.
- Shipping – Inspect and ensure that product being loaded for shipping meets the customers’ receiving requirements and will transport safely.
- Breakage – Recoup damaged/broken product as per SOP’s.
- Equipment handling – Load, unload, move, stack, store and stage products using a forklift, slip sheet machine, order picker, or other power equipment.The use of an order picker will require activity of heights up to 25’.
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and product.
- Actively support & participate in all warehouse safety and safety committee requests.
- Abide by all Local/SWS Employee Guidelines as set in the employee handbook.
- Working conditions – must be able to maintain very high proficiency and job standards while working in a non-temperature-controlled environment.Includes exposure to heat, humidity, noise, dust and fumes from power equipment.The physical and mental demands of the position are high.
- Attendance/Overtime – Required.
- System Proficiency – Effectively understand and utilize the WMS within each respective department.
- Perform any and all other warehouse functions when requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Ability to repetitively push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Work history of manual labor, warehouse work or merchandising experience.
- Warehouse environment.
- Ability to kneel, bend, twist and turn to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- Must be 21 years old
- Commercial Driver's License;
- One-two years of warehouse experience in a distribution environment.
- Familiar with warehouse management systems for tracking case volume and product placement within warehouse facilities.
- Shipping/receiving andgeneral warehouse and packaging skills.
- Forklift operating experience or certification.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.