Director of Warehouse OperationsJob ID PUY00000076 Date posted 01/08/2019
The Director of Warehouse Operations is responsible for directing and delegating activities and assignments of all Warehouse functions as it relates to Operations including planning and implementation and leading improvement initiatives.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for department resources including authorized headcount, budgetary development, and compliance.
- Lead a team of managers and supervisors by providing mentorship, leadership, and teambuilding.
- Support senior management by creating weekly performance reports, headcount, and executive summary reports.
- Oversee the training and evaluation of employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Accountable for strategic and tactical planning within areas of responsibility.
- Develop a "world-class" operations team through process/system change and personnel development.
- Manage daily departmental metrics, accomplishments, and identify and resolve potential problems.
- Track productivity data and implement programs for improvement.
- Operate in an efficient/cost conscious manner so that allbudgeted objectives are achieved.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Distribution and Warehousing by retaining and developing world-class diverse talent.
- Comply with Southern, State, and Corporate Policy & Procedures.
- Support, maintain, and manage policies & procedures for the following: security & loss prevention and safety & risk.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Warehouse Management and/or equivalent industry related experience.
- Must be a strong collaborator and team player to be successful in role.
- Proven track record of success in a senior operations management position of large distribution facility (greater than 150,000 Sq. Ft., 200,000 annual shipments, and $5,000,000 budget).
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to apply independent discretion and judgment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value-added support to external and internal customers.
- Ability to read, speak, write, and comprehend English.
- Proficient with the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications.
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse management systems, sortation, and picking software.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- MBA in Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Previous wine and spirits distribution center experience.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.