Trade Development Manager (Portland, OR)Job ID POR00000138 Date posted 06/26/2019
- Communicate program elements across sales organization to improve program efficiencies.
- Serve as conduit of information between division field sales team and supplier marketing (Brand & Local teams).
- Fulfill ad-hoc project and information requests.
- Set objectives, measure program ROI, and provide market-based insights and feedback to sales and marketing management through KPI scorecard process.
- Support Supplier and SWS field sales team in the planning and execution of annual POS & VAP buys.
- Optimization of POS/VAP budgets and buys.
- Ensure local program elements are consistent with brand standards, logo usage guidelines, and legal mandatories.
- Communicate program elements and logistics to field sales teams.
- Ensure retail & distributor execution meets brand standards and agreed upon program KPIs and objectives.
- Successful execution of national programs.
- Collaborate with Trade Development Directors and Sales Management in building brand strategies as well as specific, measureable, and attainable programs.
- Communicate with Director brand and market issues and assist sales management in the development of solutions.
- Conduct market surveys and work with supplier representatives.
- Liaise with sales management and supplier personnel to plan, execute, and follow-through on promotional events hosted at on/off-premise accounts.
- Carry out innovative campaigns and approaches resulting in successful events designed to garner brand awareness among consumers and support supplier sales objectives.
- Fosters relationships among sales teams, key on/off premise accounts, and supplier representatives.
- Partner with sales teams to ensure event effectiveness aligns with local sales goals.
- Prepare and perform post-event analyses to assess the success and value of the event and the ROI in terms of generating visibility in the market and showcasing the characteristics of the specific products being promoted.
- Conduct market research and recommend cross-promotional/marketing opportunities for the specific brands and supplier communities.
- Identify market trends and developments in product categories, geographic regions and among on/off premise account base.
- Ensure proper display and communication of the product via the inclusion of marketing/collateral materials, product sampling, and visibility of product at the event itself.
- Bachelor’s in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of event planning experience combined with demonstrated success in building and improving relationships with suppliers and accounts in entire geographic region.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output.
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses.
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the product and category.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees throughout division.
- Ability to work independently and function as a self-starter with, at times, minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Continual self-education and knowledge development of new and existing trends, styles, and products within the Supplier portfolio as well as competitive brands.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on an occasional basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.