Sales Associate (Portland, OR)Job ID POR00000139 Date posted 06/26/2019
- To maximize the sale of supplier brands to the trade and consumer through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Analyze, plan, establish and maintain an efficient and productive daily call pattern in assigned territory through the use of the formal pre-plan guidelines.
- Analyze the total territory and each account to determine the priority selling and merchandising opportunities.
- Call on all accounts assigned with sales and merchandising objectives established for maximum case volume, shelf/cold box distribution, display, advertising and placement of all products represented by the Company.
- Implement and maintain up-to-date accurate records of sales, competitive activity and will assist in the collection of any accounts in assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations.
- Participate in sales meetings with suppliers and senior level department personnel, and any classroom training that is required.
- Prepare professional sales presentations for each call tailored to current supplier programs and the needs of the customer.
- Know, in depth, the features and benefits of supplier products and programs compared to competition.
- Maintain personal vehicle, personal appearance and personal integrity to meet the standards of performance established by Company Management.
- Maintain at least $100,000/$300,000 in automobile liability insurance and $50,000 in property damage at all times.
- Install and maintain appropriate point-of-sale material within accounts that are clean and current.
- Perform other similar job-related duties as assigned.
- Management retains the discretion to add, change or assign other work-related duties or responsibilities of this position at any time.
- Submit all supplier programs and incentives in a timely manner.
- Sales territory may include both on and off premise accounts.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties or the position at any time.
- Employee will be required to provide reliable transportation. In addition, some weekend work may be required.
- Position requires intermittent standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, and carrying up to fifty pounds.
- Strong written, verbal, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Windows based programs required.
- Basic mathematical skills including ability to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of merchandising and display techniques for package liquor stores, grocery chain stores and drug chain stores.
- Must be able to qualify for solicitor's license from the Kentucky ABC Office.
- College preferred.
- Prior sales experience is helpful.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.