Staff AccountantJob ID PHO00000350 Date posted 02/05/2019
- Month to month & year to year expense analysis with recap. Identifications of GL re-class and accruals per Southern Glazer’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare & post journal entries
- Monthly gross profit reconciliation between financial and billing distribution systems
- Compile & distribute financial statements and or various financial reports monthly
- Budget vs. actual expense analysis
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts; including identifications of errors, write-offs or other items needing management discussion
- Working with business-critical suppliers to maintain aging per corporate directives; including bank reconciliation and forecasting for identification of potential deficit spending.
- Compile and send monthly sales spends by vendor
- Prepare & file monthly sales & use tax; including GL reconciliation
- Participate in budget forecasting
- Petty cash & reconciliation
- Monthly spoil reconciliation and billing
- Assisting with quarterly and end of year reporting to corporate
- Finalize and over view of Concur expense reconciliations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related experience
- 3 years General Ledger reconciliation experience
- SAP experience desired but not required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work with pivot tables, V-lookups and other formulas within Excel
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles; Fixed Assets, Deferred Charges, Prepaid Expense and Accruals
- Accurate data entry and 10-key by touch skills
- Concur Expense & Travel program
- Experience with third party add on programs
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written are vital to the success of this position
- Must have a sharp eye for detail
- Must be able to multi-task in a high-energy environment
- Must be a good team player who can build effective relationships with co-workers
- Energetic, self-starter with ability to prioritize
- Highly organized individual who can work independently with the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.