Assistant Shipping Manager - NightsJob ID PHO00000561 Date posted 03/02/2021
Under the direction of the Shipping Manager, the assistant shipping manager is responsible for the efficient day to day operation of the night crew with emphasis on lead workers and implementation of new policies and procedures.
Duties and Respnsibilities
1. Provide daily supervision of lead workers and warehouse personnel to ensure the safe clean and efficient operation of the warehouse. Make recommendations to the shipping manager on programs to improve the shipping process.
2. Provide leadership by organizing the crew when shipping manager is unavailable.
3. Develop and maintain a productive staff by example and training. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling and disciplining subordinates.
4. Ensure that all forklifts and order pickers are inspected at the beginning of every shift and used in the most efficient manner. Submit to the Maintenance Manager, any inspection forms that may need attention.
5. Tour the warehouse frequently to answer questions, evaluate procedures, ensure security, and solve problems.
6. Interact with management to achieve goals. Attend warehouse meetings.
7. Ensure the optimal utilization of space of all conveyor lines by reviewing usage reports.
8. Supervise warehouse personnel in all safety aspects including the efficient and safe operation of forklifts and order pickers and use of harnesses.
9. Adhere to company policies and procedures as mentioned in the Southern Wine & Spirit’s employee hand book.
10. Complete all reports in a timely and accurate manner and submit them to the warehouse office according to prescribed deadlines when covering for shipping manager.
11. Write up breakage, discrepancies and transfers
12. Perform other warehouse-related duties or special projects assigned by management.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong leadership ability.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines.
· Competent math aptitude.
· Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
· Able to lift up to 45 pounds on a consistent basis.
· Computer skills necessary.
· Five years experience in the beverage industry
· Strong knowledge of delivery operations.
· Product and industry warehouse experience.
· Possess reliable transportation.
· Able to work flexible hours
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.