ALD Division ManagerJob ID PHO00000325 Date posted 01/10/2019
- Oversee, plan, communicate and execute the sales goals for amerchandising and/or general market division. Achieve ambitious volume andprofit objectives within your market.
- Manage a team of area managers and/or district managers byoversight of sales and merchandising/general market efforts for the division ofretail accounts.
- Prepare, execute, and achieve desired survey results as agreedupon with supplier representatives and management.
- Train, develop, and mentor area managers/ district managers tofoster the growth of their leadership skills and build the overall success ofthe teams within your division of responsibility.
- Create innovative sales/merchandising techniques, and communicateattainment plans to managers' to meet company and supplier sales goals.
- Analyze sales statistics and recommend policy developments toenhance sales figures and foster goal attainment.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to executivemanagement team. Plan, organize and execute meetings and supplier presentationsto inspire confidence among company leaders and gain endorsement as aneffective company spokesperson.
- Strategically support area/district managers' with conflictresolution, removal of performance obstacles, and/or relationship concernsamong key grocery store accounts in the region.
- Strategize with executive management and provide salesreports/results reflecting case volume sales activity in respectivemerchandising division.
- Identify market trends and developments in product categories,geographic regions and among grocery store account base to remain at theforefront when compared to the competition.
- Build, maintain and nurture strong and productive businessrelationships among the supplier community and in accordance with allcustomers/accounts in set geographic region to ensure satisfaction level withSWS is high and desired results are being accomplished.
- Enhance understanding of supplier brands through attending andcontributing to planning meetings, fiscal reviews, on-site tours, and specialindustry related events/functions.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects asassigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 5 years’ of merchandising, sales, and managementexperience that includes supervising and directing a group ofmerchandiser/sales personnel
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- In-depth and sophisticated understanding of wine and spirits toinclude regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production,and service.
- Demonstrated success in building and improving relationships withsuppliers and buyers combined with established and effective rapport in entiregeographic region.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and mentor newly appointedmanagers.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewingcomparative sales data for analysis.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are needed forsales trainings and meetings among executive sales/supplier management teams.
- “Hands-on” management approach in an intense, fast-pacedenvironment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of strong sales and leadership skills inprevious/current work experience.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs littledirection or supervision.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof ofstate registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on an occasional basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in BusinessAdministration or related field.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.