Merchandiser-Chains-Orlando and Surrounding AreasJob ID ORL00000219 Date posted 09/06/2019
- Partner with a chain territory manager who oversees 15-25 established chain grocery store accounts.
- Perform sales support functions to include the use of current point of sale marketing materials, oversight of the shelf space in the chain territory manager's accounts, consistent communication with the representative regarding changes in buyer preferences and or out of stock inventory concerns/situations encountered during weekend hours.
- Reset alcoholic beverages at the store level (i.e. rearranging products using an authorized plan within an assigned territory/set geographic region).
- Implement authorized plan/schematic developed by the various chain headquarters, so accuracy in evaluation, application, and execution on the information provided are essential skills.
- Introduce new products, reinforce established and agreed upon case volume and display activity, and monitor in-store promotion results.
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, recognize new opportunities within each account, maintain the necessary territory records and support the sales representative's visibility and market saturation in the account.
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of Southern's policies and procedures coupled with prompt, courteous resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Participate in Southern's renowned training program composed of classroom and in-the-field training designed to increase and improve your understanding of industry trends, develop product knowledge, and form sales skills in collaboration with the market leader in the wine and spirits industry.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. ; 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and weekends.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Associate's Degree and or equivalent
- Related experience such as: Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.