Sales Representative, Off-Premise Coastal (Olympia, WA)Job ID OLY00000007 Date posted 07/06/2019
- Manage a team of sales professionals to include oversight of salesand merchandising efforts in on/off/combo accounts.
- Train, develop, and motivate team to foster the success ofindividual contributors and overall team success.
- Conduct sales meetings and product presentations for sales team.
- Set forth sales goals and implement attainment strategies to meetobjectives and report on results.
- Collaborate with key accounts in geographic region to improvedistribution of product within set accounts.
- Strategize with senior sales management to enhance contribution todivision and company wide sales strategies and goals.
- Align with supplier representatives to understand their brands,sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional market sharethrough your team's effective selling approach.
- Inspire confidence and gain respect as an effective companyspokesperson.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to team throughweekly meetings and brainstorm solutions to overcome obstacles encountered inthe field.
- Familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised ofmarket trends and development within specific product categories, geographicregions, and accounts.
- Attend sales meetings, winery/distiller meetings/tours andselling/information seminars.
- Assist executive sales management with report preparation forsupplier reviews and fiscal close.
- Develop relationships with the trade while promoting supplierbrands to consumers at food/wine/industry events.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. -6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Overnight travel asrequired. Additional hours required during the peak season of October, Novemberand December.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects asassigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 5 years’ of professional sales experience preferably as aKey Account Specialist or Wine Manager, including a minimum of three yearssupervising/directing other individuals.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Established trade/account relationships in proximity of team's geographic region.
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling.
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a territory in the established geographic region.
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis.
- Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- “Hands-on” management approach in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product occasionally.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Goal oriented, focused, and aggressive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.