Area Sales Manager-CPWS-Off PremiseJob ID OKL00000063 Date posted 08/16/2018
Plans, develops, and implements long and short-term strategies and marketing programs for a sales force covering a large territory, district, or region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor degree plus 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
- Knowledge of products and their key features and attributes; ability to execute product line strategies
- Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
- Advanced knowledge in Word and Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and V Lookup
- Experience using project management skills to plan, organize, manage, and accomplish goals
- Excellent organization and time management skills to meet goals/objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality output
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the product and category
- Ability to work with all levels of employees throughout the division
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.