Commercial Intelligence AnalystJob ID NEW00000405 Date posted 06/18/2019
Partners with management team, sales associates and divisional marketing force to promote key supplier initiatives. Demonstrates ability to proactively evaluate existing strategies, track key deliverables, and recommend changes when appropriate. Supports critical Sales and Marketing initiatives with quantitative / qualitative analysis. Provides reporting, analytics, and support to front line sales and executive management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track, review, verify, analyze and report accurate results to Commercial leadership, field team, and/or suppliers in a timely manner
- Provide Sales and Marketing stakeholders with a data-driven roadmap for sales execution
- Run standard and ad hoc reports for business and supplier needs
- Identify potential brand risks and opportunities
- Cross-compare customer selling opportunities with sales performance and brand challenges/initiatives
- Recap performance and volume goals
- Evaluate past program success/failed trends; use trend analysis to advise stakeholders on proposed programs
- Provide accurate insights on live program performance and evaluate ROI on key initiatives
- Follow established reporting and documentation standards to ensure uniformity throughout the organization
- Developperformancemanagementinitiativesincludingcompensation/incentivedesign,developmentof KPIs,etc.
- Analyze data available to anticipate potential issues and proactively model potential solutions
- Administer sales systems including: creating and/or running reports, creating and/or cascading goals, account and territory management, staff training, etc.
- Prepare commercial analysis that recaps business performance by trade channel and sales inputs
- Organize and maintain account segmentation data within Information Technology system; review and update quarterly
- Update master records to define customer account segmentation
- Classify accounts based on volume and/or revenues
- Track competitive pricing activity based on sales input
- Analyze and rank teams and sales representatives that fail to deliver minimal standards
- Perform maintenance of data dimensions and routine updating of tracking tools to promote accuracy and accountability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Expert in Excel with regards to Data Management, Reporting, and Data Analysis
- Experience with Excel VBA, PowerPivot, and relational databases is strongly desired
- Expert knowledge of Excel VBA and PowerPivot with Sales experience
- Experience in SAP Business Objects or other related business intelligence platforms
- Must maintain strong working knowledge of portfolio and products
- Possess the ability to perform complicated analysis like forecasting, regression, and cannibalization
- Impeccable organization and time management skills to handle multiple projects successfully
- Ability to quickly learn various business solutions programs (e.g., Diver, Business Objects, Sales Nav, Tableau, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical ability and able to build presentation and business cases
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.