Human Resources Specialist - New Orleans, LouisianaJob ID NEW00000346 Date posted 01/31/2019
The HR Specialist is a shared services role and will report to the Regional Manager of HR Operations. This role will work within a geographically dispersed team as part of an “HR Operations” center of excellence (COE), supporting business locations in Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
• Assist human resources department in all administrative duties and a member of a shared services team.
• Process employee status change requests.
• Process new hire and onboarding paperwork.
• Administer all DMV related activities (pull notices, DUI, DOT etc.).
• General correspondence regarding such things as answering phones, benefits questions, keeping records, policies, etc.
• Administer the processes involved for all forms of leave of absence, including but not limited to all state and federally mandated leaves as well as leaves governed by company policy or union contract.
• Administer all of the functions related to company, state, and federal requirements to monitor driving records of identified employees, interfacing with the Department of Motor Vehicles as needed.
• Prepare verifications of employment as requested by employees.
• Assist with ad hoc reporting as needed.
• Assist other HR staff with special, intermittent projects as required (i.e. benefits open enrollment period).
• Remain knowledgeable, ensure compliance with and answer general inquires with regard to company policies, procedures and programs which govern employees, including but not limited to: employee handbook and drug and alcohol testing program.
• Cross-train with HR department employees in the office so as to be capable of filling in when necessary for coverage of vacations, sick time, and other.
• Perform new employee orientations as applicable.
• Associate's degree and 2 years of human resource experience with basic knowledge of employment law or combination of related education and applicable experience.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Experience with SAP software.
• Working knowledge of state, federal, and local employment laws.
• Able to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrated strong oral, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize work and priorities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and in professional manner.
• Strong adherence to company policies, including but not limited to time and attendance.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently, organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates initiative.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, analytical skills/problem solving.
• Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in human resources, business or equivalent.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.