Facilities Maintenance Lead, Nights (Mon - Thurs) - St. Rose, La.Job ID NEW00000611 Date posted 03/03/2021
The Facilities Maintenance Lead is responsible to schedule and direct a crew of Maintenance Support Personnel, train and provide work direction and guidance while performing work in one of more of their job responsibilities. Building and equipment maintenance of the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide input to performance reviews, corrective actions, career development opportunities
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition
- The Maintenance Technician must be able to effectively troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues.
- The key tasks of this position must be accomplished in a manner that supports and promotes the Zero safety incident goals
- Perform any minor building maintenance
- Ensure proper operation of battery charger racks
- Perform preventive maintenance on facility equipment
- Perform any minor plumbing and/or electrical repair
- Perform repairs as needed on all conveyors and bar code readers
- Schedule all repairs with outside vendors for major issues
- Keep sidewalks free from snow, ice or other debris (as needed)
- Maintain facility grounds
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency plus 1 years of experience
- Experience with Pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic conveyor system
- Must be experienced with all phases of replacing motors, switches, and photo eye
- Must be experienced in the use of scissor-lifts, gas, and electric forklifts and power tools
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Knowledge of other MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, presentation, and communications skills
- Knowledge in analyzing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment
- Understanding of warehouse and logistics processes
- Must be familiar with automatic controls and 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems
- Knowledge of basic cutting/welding, electrical/wiring and carpentry experience
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.