Warehouse Worker / Backup Driver - St. Rose, LAJob ID NEW00000549 Date posted 07/30/2020
The Warehouse Worker/Backup Driver executes accurate delivery of products as invoiced to licensed accounts or between company locations. This role will service customers by ensuring timely deliveries, accurate check-in and storage of products. This role will also move inbound and outbound product through the warehouse for delivery and may be responsible for receiving, stocking, and loading.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive equipment in a professional and safe manner at all times
- Deliver products as invoiced to specified licensed retailers
- Check-in invoiced orders with customers in a friendly, courteous manner
- Collect and return all payments as required
- Account for all invoices of merchandise delivered and merchandise returned
- Collect empty boxes to be used for redelivery within Company guidelines
- Complete appropriate paperwork throughout the delivery process
- Ensure truck check-in procedures are followed daily
- Ensure truck service and safety issues are reported daily
- Maintain an accurate DOT log book, if required
- Follow DOT Regulations at all times
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- Attend required safety courses and other classes as needed
- Report any local, state or federal moving violations to management
- Receive and check in merchandise from in-bound shipments compare to purchase orders or other documents
- Fill case and bottle orders for products
- Load delivery trucks and other outbound shipments of billed orders
- Restock daily bottle and case inventory sold
- Participate in inventory counts as directed
- Understand and adhere to the safety rules and requirements in the workplace
- Responsible for filling out equipment report before usage
- Responsible for meeting operational efficiency goals and benchmarks
- Operate other warehouse equipment, as needed
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalency; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
One year of driver experience
Must be 21 years of age
Must have a valid drivers’ license and candidate of choice will be required to maintain DOT file onsite.
Experience operating commercial, non-DOT regulated vehicles.
Ability to navigate the assigned driving area in an efficient manner
Customer service oriented, friendly, helpful, and have a professional disposition
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.