NJ State Wine & Spirits Manager (Shaw-Ross)Job ID NEW00000381 Date posted 05/06/2019
- The New Jersey State Wine and Spirits Manager is responsible for managing New Jersey distributors that represent the Shaw-Ross Wine and Spirits brands with the goal of achieving incremental distribution and optimum profitability. The Manager is expected to plan and direct the distributors’ management and sales representatives in accordance with the annual budget goals for shipment and depletion objectives. This position is expected to identify opportunities, solve problems and develop action plans to achieve our objectives within corporate guidelines.
- Formulate and execute plans designed to achieve new and appropriatedistribution of our products to the trade sector. Secure and obtain tradesupport including merchandising, adequate inventories and effective display/presentation of our products to the consumer.Direct and manage the distributor in accordance withthe respective programs and objectives. To establish specific objectives forkey accounts.
- Participate in “work with” (i.e. sales routes) with various distributors throughout the state.as well as with visiting Shaw-Ross suppliers.
- Review and establish appropriate price structures for our products consistentwith the respective brand strategies.
- Establish and maintain rapport with key accounts through regular visits inthe market.
- This position reports to Mid-Atlantic GM
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Advance computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Products-Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills and analytical skills
- 2 to 5 years of experience related to the industry
- Comprehensive understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food paring techniques, basic production, and service
- Strong and established relationships in the NJ Market Place
- Lift carries a 45+ pound case of product.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current insurance
- Must carry auto insurance, $100,000/$300,000 in vehicle liability and $50,000 in property damage and be listed
- SAP familiarity
- DIVER Reporting System
- WSET accreditation and any equivalent wine/spirit/sake accreditations
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.