Sales Merchandiser Outstate Part Time Mt Vernon, IL areaJob ID MT.00000005 Date posted 01/16/2019
The Merchandiser II is responsible for performing merchandising activities and constructing displays of SGWS products in key retail accounts as requested by Sales Team or retail customers.This role will provide support to Sales Reps by ordering product and may be required to expedite product delivery on an emergency basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
· High school diploma or equivalency plus 2 years of experience
· Requires the ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance in accordance with state laws
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Prior experience as a stocker or merchandiser
· Ability to drive up to and exceeding 100 miles a day
· Ability to work flexible hours/days which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends
· Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories
· Physical demands with activity or condition for occasional sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
· Physical demands with activity or condition may include frequent walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
· May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 50lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.