Support Specialist, BI Client ServicesJob ID MIR00000465 Date posted 03/23/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
The Support Specialist, BI Client Services, is responsible for providing technical support of Business Intelligence applications at SGWS. The position manages the entire resolution support process, from initial contact through completion, for all issues and requests submitted by end users. Qualified candidates have experience providing technical support as well as having strong communications and problem-solving skills. The position reports to the Director, BI Client Services.
- Execute core processes and procedures related to end-user application support
- Troubleshoot/resolve known errors and follow system governance to comply with new access requests
- Document information, analysis, activities, progress and resolution
- Route technical or data-related issues to the proper resources, monitoring their progress and managing timely resolution
- Provide timely information to customers related to status updates, error resolution, changes in application availability, etc.
- Use and contribute to knowledge management documentation related to application support
- Document system enhancement requests and support business requirement development
- Develop proficiency in the applications supported enabling independent resolution of complex issues
- Engage in effective interactions with customers, providing an open line of communication and follow-up with the individual(s) requesting support or service
- Work closely with developers and other support staff to resolve issues and build strong working relationships with them
- Assist users in the effective use of BI applications and support services.
- Provide expert-level application guidance to the customer
- Respond to high-priority issues in a timely manner and manage them to resolution per service level targets
- Manage the ticketing queue and assign tickets to appropriate resources per service level targets
- Maintain detailed documentation in opened support tickets, providing developers and support resources with information to resolve efficiently
- Generate ticket reports and identify opportunity areas for improving performance
- Manage many tickets simultaneously, prioritizing activities to meet servicing targets
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a technical customer support role, preferably a service desk environment
- Experience handling escalations and coordinating complex activities successfully to achieve satisfaction required
- Demonstrated working experience balancing multiple priorities and shifting focus to meet the demands of the business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills with demonstrated experience working with customers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills with a clear understanding for the value of customer experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply information related to business or end-user technology quickly
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Bachelor’s Degree
Primary Location:United States-Florida-Miramar
Other Locations:United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-California-Oakland
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.