Staff AuditorJob ID MIR00001112 Date posted 06/19/2019
- Determine compliance with company policies, standards, procedures, and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Make recommendations to enhance current procedures or practices to ensure adherence or increased adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Assist in audit planning and audit program development as well as performing audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria,reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting business processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of accounting and management controls to ensure that valid, properly authorized transactions are completely and accurately processed.
- Interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other special projects as needed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of audit experience in public accounting and/or internal audit with a proven track record of accomplishments. Prior experience working in SOX compliance is also acceptable.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting and internal controls.
- Exceptional judgment, ability to prioritize duties and organizational/time management skills.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to handle sensitive data with discretion and professionalism.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal/collaboration skills including:
- a) Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with associates, management, and directors;
- b) Represents Southern Glazer's Internal Audit Department with a high level of integrity and professionalism;
- and c) Adheres to Southern Glazer's policies and supports management decisions and goals in a positive and professional manner.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Previous experience working with SAP, ACL and/or MKinsight Audit Management System
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.