Staff AccountantJob ID MIR00001046 Date posted 05/03/2019
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts in detail on a monthly basis to identify and resolve the outstanding items within the department deadlines.
- Recommend adjustments.
- Research root cause of outstanding items.
- Interact with other SSD departments to resolve outstanding balance sheet reconciliation items (e.g., Supplier Billing to ensure that charge-backs are completed in a timely manner; and Payroll to coordinate all employee loans).
- Support the divisions with the monthly financial statement close by analyzing designated balance sheet and expense accounts within the department deadlines and utilizing the financial statement reporting tools (e.g., Business Warehouse and TM1).
- Prepare accurate, complete, and timely corporate quarterly schedules.
- Prepare interim and annual external audit schedules. Support internal and external audit activities, as required, to ensure that auditors are provided with the necessary information to complete their audits timely.
- Prepare accurate, complete, and timely sales tax returns on a monthly basis.
- Resolve internal and external customer issues by returning/acknowledging phone calls and emails in a timely manner and providing responses and resolutions timely.
- Gain an understanding of Southern Glazer Wine & Spirits industry.
- Provide excellent customer service with internal and external customers, including SSD personnel, personnel from other divisions, vendors and other outside personnel
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a large accounting environment with a concentration in balance sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge of commonly-used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job during probationary period
- Relies on judgment and limited experience to perform the functions of the job after probationary period
- Works under immediate supervision
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills such as team player, energetic, self starter
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Intermediate Excel
- Knowledge and experience with SAP financials, a plus
- Flexible to adjust to changes in responsibilities, procedures, or working conditions.
- Critical nature of this job may require extended hours
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.