Sr. UI/UX Developer - Digital Marketing Technology
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Sr. UI/UX Developer - Digital Marketing Technology at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001869 Date posted 02/02/2021
The job of a UI/UX developer is visual design, interactive design, and front-end development. The UX Developer is part designer and part developer and the job is to improve the website experience for visitors to a particular site each day and includes the creative design of a site, ease of searching for particular information on a site, and links between pages. The UX Developer role bridges the gap between design and technology, essentially allowing for the more technically-oriented side of the team (the coders/developers) to understand what the vision of the project is- essentially, what the designers want. It’s the job of the UX developer to enhance both usability and findability and the information architecture (the structural design of shared information environments)..
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather and evaluate user requirements
• designing graphic elements and building navigation components.
• Experience with design software and wireframe tools for web/mobile applications
• Create both functional and appealing features that address business needs
• Build prototypes of creative design concepts
• Create interactive prototypes that can be used by both the design and code teams to understand what the finished project should look like
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
• Build page navigation buttons and search fields
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
• Bachelor’s in Design, Computer Science, Marketing or relevant field
• + 3 years relevant work experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, and/or media
• + 3 years of relevant technology consulting or industry experience
• Excellent communication, social, presentation, and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written to collaborate with various stakeholders
• Understands the big picture
• Excellent time management
• Can design the organizational structure behind a website
• Team player
• Active listener
• Take verbal instruction and extrapolate it to create concrete web content
• Adept at brainstorming
• Great researcher
• Skilled programmers
• Out of the box thinker
• A strong desire to learn and passion for digital marketing, research and analytics
• Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other cross-functional teams
• Strong team player with willingness to collaborate
• Big picture thinking
• Strategic thinker – can develop a plan to meet a long-term objective
• Can influence outcomes
• Strong capability to execute tasks with quality
• Strong analytical, mathematic, and problem-solving skills
• Strong capability to execute tasks with quality
• Good time management skills (i.e. works efficiently)
• Has creative skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
• Strong ability to navigate ambiguity and manage competing priorities
• Excellent written, oral and presentation abilities-must be able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and layman’s terms
• Knowledge in software development , software design and programming principles
• Ability to demonstrate Agile delivery values
o Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
o Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
o Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
o Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
o Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Experience operating in large sized teams and technology engagements
• Experience building and maintaining websites including working with CMS platforms
• Ability to wireframe, communicate, and execute new ideas/improvements to website UX/UI
• Exceptional customer management skills including consulting and training; strong desire for customer success
• Proven ability to navigate constant change and excel in dynamic situations while maintaining a clear line of communication with colleagues and customers
• Experience with long term operation, monitoring and upgrade of enterprise software
• Strong experience with cross browser/device responsive development
• Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Adobe Creative Cloud, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Experience with Linux environments
• Understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere SEO best practices
• Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing technologies
• Know HTML
• Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows Server and Java systems
• Extensive experience with cloud hosting technology, including Azure and AWS infrastructure
• Experience with performance optimization tools
• Familiarity with Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Felix OSGi framework + Strong Java/J2EE background with Spring, Hibernate and Struts frameworks +
• Master’s Degree (computer science, information systems, software engineering).
Specialized Skills and Technologies
• Experience with Sightly templating language
• Experience with AEM tools: Brackets Extension, FileVault Tool
• Experience with AngularJS, Node, NPM, Bower, Gulp etc
• Experience using, AJAX, and SSH preferred
• Experience troubleshooting and operating Adobe AEM in and enterprise environment
• Experience in end to end implementations of AEM 6.3 or later
• Strong experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
• Experience with content migration in AEM + Experience with Junit and other testing frameworks in AEM
• Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
• Experience working across one or more of the following: Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, DAM, Creative Suite, SAP RMK
• Adobe Certificated Expert (ACE) Adobe Experience Manager Developer certification a plus
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.