Sr. Solution Analyst - New Ventures Technology
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Sr. Solution Analyst - New Ventures Technology at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001864 Date posted 02/02/2021
The SG Ventures Snr Solution Analyst is responsible for ensuring technology solutions address business requirements and achieve the identified business outcomes. They are responsible for the day to day technical support of the SG ventures team, as well as supporting the team in exploring and developing technical solutions. This is a pivotal role that is the interface between ETP and SG ventures, support the growth of our SGWS innovation agenda by offering agile technology responses to the challenges face by the team.
This position understands, documents requirements in business requirements documents (BRD), functional specifications and designs and configures platforms to support business requirements. The position has a combination of strong business acumen, application domain knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business language.
This role will assist subject matter experts with gap analysis / process definition and system enhancements and will provide a high level of service for break-fix incidents and requests. This role is different than a developer in that it does not “code”; The focus is to “build” a technical solution by taking business requirements and configuring the systems to support the business requirements
This person understands emerging technologies and can identify opportunities to automate and standardize business processes. They assist with educating the IT team on the goals of the business and assist with facilitating communication and alignment between functions and IT from the gathering of initial requirements to final implementation. This person may also manage process conformity, compliance, and is responsible for the development of business and technical process documentation and training materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather and document business requirements in business requirements documents (BRD)
• Convert BRD to functional specifications according to the platform being configured
• Establish and maintain relationships with team members within IT and across functional teams
• Configures, designs systems to meet business needs
• Applies system solutions to business requirements through the design and configuration of systems platforms such as ECC and Salesforce and integrated applications.
• Interacts with processing teams, vendors, and other teams and systems integrated with systems platforms
• This role will assist subject matter experts with gap analysis / process definition and system enhancements and will provide a high level of service for break-fix incidents and requests.
• Responsible for data migration, archiving and reconciliation as needed.
• Works on multiple tasks or projects that are categorized as medium size complexity. Acts as a subject matter expert and may coach more junior staff
• Acts as a subject matter expert
• Coach more junior staff.
• Collect required information to develop work scope around solutions to attain customer requirements along with data expertise as required.
• Communicate systems and procedural changes to end users through excellent written and oral communications
• Lead small work components related to projects
• Develop business and technical process documentation and training materials
• Support and sometimes drive the definition of project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; assist with project budget needs
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions as directed
• Understand, communicate and reinforce standard business process concepts
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business Analysis, Data Management, BI)
• 2+ years of work experience in a business or technology role working closely with functions outside of IT understanding business processes and needs
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have a thorough understanding of business processes and the ability to design, configure, and deploy solutions to support them
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
• Strong team player
• Strong decision-making abilities
• Process-oriented, systems thinking
• Takes initiative
• Strong business and technical acumen
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Big picture thinking
• Strong organizational skills
• Strategic thinker (ability to break down complex ideas into smaller pieces)
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to set and manage customer expectations
• Good time management skills (i.e., setting priorities)
• Ability to work within a team environment and independently
• Ability to deliver quality results on time, with high attention to detail
• Ability to build consensus and buy-in with key stakeholders
• Ability to think at varying levels, from high-level concepts to low-level details
• Can express business requirements as well-formed user stories and acceptance criteria
• Understanding Behavior-Driven-Design (BDD) process
• Structure requirements to facilitate automation of acceptance tests
• Assess situations, determine the problem(s) and propose a solution that provides value to the business
• Ability to demonstrate Agile delivery values
Agile Delivery Values
• Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
• Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
• Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
• Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
• Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Master’s Degree
• Experience in systems development lifecycle models such Agile or other traditional project management principles
Specialized Skills and Technologies
• Microsoft Office
• Business Intelligence and data analysis
• Understanding of and certification in Agile or other traditional project management delivery principles
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Principal IT Analyst OTC Engagement - Miramar, Florida
- Principal Analyst, IT Finance - Miramar, Florida
- Principal Solution Analyst, Enterprise Data Services - Miramar, Florida