Sr. Manager - ETP Workforce Planning
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Sr. Manager - ETP Workforce Planning at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001879 Date posted 02/09/2021
The Senior Manager, ETP Workforce Enablement will support the implementation of the workforce strategy to meet ETP’s objective of becoming an Employer of Choice while enabling the shift of ETP to future technology work.
The role will drive thought leadership in the technology workforce transformation to allow SGWS to attract, develop, and retain top Technology talent for the future of work in technology across 3 dimensions: The Work (The What)- How technology will change jobs in ETP, The Workforce (The Who) - What skills and capabilities will be needed enabling the current workforce to adapt and upskill in new ways of working, and The Workplace (The Where) - how the workplace should be designed to support the workforce and the future technology work required.
The role will lead ETP employee engagement efforts to create an environment that attracts and retains talent and drive a culture where leaders deliver against priorities set by SGWS and ETP, foster an environment of collaboration and learning, and where team members drive business outcomes such as improved sales and customer service, through a modern digital learning approach and tools coupled with business curriculum, critical technical skills and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Defines business objectives and tactical plans to achieve defined objectives.
• Engages technical and business teams to ensure the team direction, priority and focus enable corporate success.
• Delivers proactive, business focused IT services that enable rapid business growth and smooth business operations.
• Defines and manages plans
• Coordinates priorities between the IT department and user departments.
• Oversees team in collaboration with vendor and other support teams for problem resolution.
• Continues to seek out opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree and formal education in relevant disciplines (Human Resources, Business, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or relevant degreed)
• 7+ years related experience in technology management, customer relationship management and staff management
• Prior supervisory experience
• Problem Solver
• Builds Strong Teams
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Working knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies
• Demonstrated and effective leadership skills.
• Detail oriented with strategic planning and problem solving skills.
• Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Possess a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Able to effectively work independently and in a team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
• Experience managing and mentoring team members
• Proven track record of managing impediments that exceed the self-organizing capabilities of SGWS’ teams
• Demonstrates ability to recognize healthy team conflicts and promotes constructive disagreement
• Showcases abilities to be disruptive enough to enforce a change within the organization
• Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results
• Recognizes when change is necessary
• Understands the power of a self-organization and how to encourage it
• Ability to lead a team environment with Agile delivery values
• Business Acumen
• Delivers results
• Develops Team/ Team Coaching
• Effective Communication
• Executive Presence
• Strategic Mindset
• Knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Agile Delivery Values
• Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
• Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
• Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
• Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
• Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Master’s Degree
• Competent with SAFe, Scrumban, XP, Kanban, Lean, and other Agile frameworks
• Experience in food and beverage, CPG or distribution industry
• Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
• Domestic travel, 10%
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.