Sr. Developer - Digital Marketing Technology
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Sr. Developer - Digital Marketing Technology at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001866 Date posted 02/02/2021
The Developer’s role is to design, develop and enhance in-house software applications or extensions by coding with a technical language to meet business requirements and business objectives. This can includes taking technical specifications and developing an application or integration of data between applications, testing, as well as, completing the appropriate technical documentation. The developer will use best practices in software development and adhere to SGWS development standards, as well as, focus on quality and innovation. The developer may also be responsible for delivering support to end users in the organization for specific code, including troubleshooting code.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in Agile teams
• Complete peer code reviews for quality and consistency
• Report coding progress and outcomes
• Coordinate the work of other developer
• Drive the collection of required information to develop work scope around solutions to attain business requirements along with data needs as required.
• Collect and evaluate information, formulate as well as test hypothesis.
• Drive technical validity of solution.
• Coordinate issues resolution activities with varied stakeholders
• Review entire problem logs and identify recurring problems.
• Record projects status along with open issues every week.
• Ensure to follow up on problems and process independently related to solutions engineering.
• Participate in seminars, trade shows and oversee internal demonstration facilities etc.
• Develop meeting structure and present at meetings
• Understand, communicate and reinforce business process concepts
• Establish and maintain relationships with team members within IT and across functional teams
• Assess situations, determine the problem(s) and propose a solution that provides value to the business
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing or Engineering
• 2+ years in an software/application development or comparable experience
• Big picture thinking
• Strategic thinker – can develop a plan to meet a long term objective
• Can facilitate sessions
• Can influence outcomes
• Strong team player with willingness to collaborate
• Strong analytical, mathematic, and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong capability to execute tasks with quality
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across a variety of functional disciplines
• Ability to develop an action plan
• Excellence in communicating and can present complex information to technical and nontechnical stakeholders
• Experience developing and supporting production code
• Understanding of applicable business functions of supporting applications
• Limited experience coordinating work of other developers
• Ability to demonstrate Agile delivery values
Agile Delivery Values
• Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
• Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
• Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
• Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
• Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Master’s Degree (computer science, information systems, software engineering).
Specialized Skills and Technologies
• + 3 years relevant work experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, and/or media + 3 years of relevant technology consulting or industry experience
• Adobe AEM 6.5 Development experience along with involvement in full project lifecycle, AEM Templates, AEM components, AEM Bundles, AEM Workflow, Sling API, Sling Models, JCR API, Granite JS, AEM dialogs, HTL, Jquery, CSS frameworks and preprocessors, HTML5, GIT, Jenkins, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Maven
• Experience on optimizing the user experience by developing compelling and engaging digital experiences through the use of back-end (Java, XML, MySQL, JCR) web technologies and coding practices
• Hands on experience in building and deploying enterprise level Web Content Management solutions on Adobe AEM Development experience in core Java, J2EE, Sightly/HTL, Adobe AEM 6. x, RESTful
• Experience in Web services and modern front-end frameworks (jQuery, Bootstrap, LESS, etc.)
• Establishing architectural and development standards around Adobe and associated technologies viz. CRX, sling, JCR etc.
• Develop coding styles and best practices, to enhance component libraries, meet accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0 AA), and guides the team in their use through a pattern library
• Perform web performance and accessibility audits and leads remediation efforts
• Experience in integrating third-party systems with Adobe AEM as part of overall architecture
• Experience troubleshooting and operating Adobe AEM in and enterprise environment
• Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing technologies
• Experience in end to end implementations of AEM 6.3 or later
• Experience operating in large sized teams and technology engagements
• Experience building and maintaining websites including working with CMS platforms
• Ability to wireframe, communicate, and execute new ideas/improvements to website UX/UI
• Strong experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
• Extensive experience with cloud hosting technology, including Azure and AWS infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows Server and Java systems Chef
• Exceptional customer management skills including consulting and training; strong desire for customer success
• Experience with content migration in AEM + Experience with Junit and other testing frameworks in AEM
• Familiarity with Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework and Felix OSGi framework + Strong Java/J2EE background with Spring, Hibernate and Struts frameworks +
• Experience working across one or more of the following: Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, DAM, Creative Suite, SAP RMK
• Adobe Certificated Expert (ACE) Adobe Experience Manager Developer certification a plus
• A strong desire to learn and passion for digital marketing, research and analytics
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.