Sr. Business Analyst - Supply Chain & Operations JDAJob ID MIR00000890 Date posted 02/05/2019
The Senior Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the Business Units and the Enterprise Technology Partners (ETP) organization to provide technical solutions to prioritized Business Unit needs. Hasa functional understanding of JDA Demand and Fulfillment and be capable of designing solutions to support business requirements ranging from customization within JDA to integrated solutions spanning other business functions. Has a good understanding of supply chain management processes and terminology, particularly demand planning and replenishment planning business processes.Heavily engages in business process requirements elicitation, redesign, standardization, and documentation efforts with emphasis on JDA Demand Planning and Fulfillment. Helps to determine opportunities to automate and standardize business processes and functions. Translates high level business requirements into functional/technical specifications for SGWS’ ETP organization and manages change to such specifications.Resolves business questions related to JDA and associated business processes.
The responsibilities for this role are:
- Assist in determining opportunities to redesign business processes to achieve better business results
- Assist in determining opportunities to automate business processes and functions
- Serve as liaison between Business Unit(s) and ETP on projects and enhancements
- Work with stakeholders to understand, prioritize and estimate development resources required for new features.
- Show good knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Conduct requirements gathering and translate and document high level business requirements into functional specifications
- Create and maintain business processes, requirements, and functional specification documentation
- Support the creation of test plans – especially User Acceptance Testing
- Perform testing duties as needed, working with end users and project teams during the design, construction, testing and implementation of modifications to systems
- Communicate systems and procedural changes to end users through excellent written and oral communications
- Support the education and training of end users, working to increase end user proficiency and adoption of implemented solutions
- Understand, communicate and reinforce standard business process concepts and methodologies within the ETP organization
- Exhibit organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask and to “take appropriate and timely action” to get the job done.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key Business Unit personnel
- Demonstrate JDA Demand and Fulfillment experience and basic SQL skills to query data. The individual should also have a baseline understanding of SAP and Cognos
- Other duties as assigned
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships and expertise in setting and managing customer expectations with a broad and diverse group
·Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and Leadership Team
·Influencing and Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
·Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals: quality, time and cost
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills together with demonstrating strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial Acumen, preferred:Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data; proficiency in retail key performance indicators
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Process Management:Can identify and articulate the processes necessary to get things done efficiently and align resources effectively to complete activities
- Risk Management:Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
- Working knowledge of Sales and Operations Planning and JDA software solution (Demand and Fulfillment) knowledge of SGWS processes, preferred, and be conversant with standard business desktop applications
· Understanding of supply chain management processes and terminology, particularly demand planning and replenishment planning business processes.
- Experience with a large-scale enterprise wide vendor solution deployment
- Experience working with Supply Chain projects and system integration projects
- Expertise working with JDA/SAP Projects.
- Purchasing Experience (end to end purchasing process, PO Failures, Communications with suppliers, item-warehouse allocations, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Master Data Management.
- Understanding of SGWS’ application landscape and software development cycle; Knowledge of SGWS processes preferred
- Strong understanding of one or more Business Units and their business processes
- Understanding of IT processes and ability to translate and communicate technical concepts into business language
- Understanding on how to configure the front-end of JDA Demand and Fulfillment, preferred
- Bachelor's or Technical Degree Required (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
- APICs or other pertinent supply chain management certifications
- Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst with exposure to JDA and / or others sales effectiveness applications
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.