Solution Analyst - Enterprise Data Services
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Solution Analyst - Enterprise Data Services at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001910 Date posted 02/25/2021
The Solution Analyst is responsible for ensuring technology solutions address business requirements and achieve the identified business outcomes. This position understands, documents requirements in business requirements documents (BRD), functional specifications and designs and configures platforms to support business requirements. The position has a combination of strong business acumen, application domain knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business language. This role will assist subject matter experts with gap analysis / process definition and system enhancements and will provide a high level of service for break-fix incidents and requests. This role is different than a developer in that it does not “code”; The focus is to “build” a technical solution by taking business requirements and configuring the systems to support the business requirements
This person understands emerging technologies and can identify opportunities to automate and standardize business processes. They assist with educating the IT team on the goals of the business and assist with facilitating communication and alignment between functions and IT from the gathering of initial requirements to final implementation. This person may also manage process conformity, compliance, and is responsible for the development of business and technical process documentation and training materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather and document requirements and translate high-level business requirements into business requirements documents (BRD) and functional specifications
• Create and maintain business processes, requirements and functional specification documentation
• Support the development of business and technical process documentation and training materials
• Support the creation of test plans, ensuring comprehensive coverage of all test types
• Perform testing duties as needed, working with end users and project teams during the design, construction, testing and implementation of modifications to systems
• Support the definition of project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; assist with project budget needs
• Assist with monitoring project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions as directed
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business Analysis, Data Management, BI)
• Experience with combined business process, data management, BI, and multi-million dollars program management
• Ability to deliver quality results on time, with high attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong team player
• Collaborative in a formal project team
• Strong decision-making abilities
• Process-oriented, systems thinking
• Takes initiative
• Strong business and systems acumen
• Facilitation skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strategic thinker (ability to break down complex ideas into smaller pieces)
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to set and manage customer expectations
• Strong team player and can work independently
• Ability to think at varying levels, from high-level concepts to low-level details
• Ability to demonstrate Agile delivery values
Agile Delivery Values
• Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
• Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
• Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
• Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
• Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Master’s degree
Specialized Skills and Technologies
Data Management/Business Intelligence
• Understanding of Data Management frameworks, processes and technologies as it relates to Data Profiling, Modeling/Process/Systems Mapping and overall Quality Management.
• Background in technology including understanding of technology architecture and strategy and good numerical analytical ability
• Demonstrates foundational competency in: understanding and correcting data discrepancies; reading and translating data models; data querying; identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis; understanding and capability to explain Data Management
• Proficiency in SQL, and MS Office Tools (MS Access, PowerPoint and Excel)
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.