Senior Network EngineerJob ID MIR00000837 Date posted 12/21/2018
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing and troubleshooting telecommunications and network systems (including wireless and VoIP) to meet the functional objectives of the business. Involved with the configuration and maintenance of physical and logical network components. Assists in the design of the telecommunications and network architecture, designs the telecommunications and network infrastructure, and plans and designs LAN/WAN/wireless/VoIP solutions. Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of telecommunications network management software; researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any telecommunications or network deficiencies. Provides Tier 3 support. Involved in the evaluation of new products and services; provides input to supplier management team to establish and manage telecommunications and network-related vendor service level agreements.
Core Job Requirements:
· Expertise with network engineering
· Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks, and recommend, design and implement plans for network systems
· Ability to troubleshoot to identify and correct malfunctions and help solve multi-faceted problems
· Working knowledge of network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
· Research, evaluate and recommend network-related software and hardware products and services
· Perform capacity and resource planning for network systems
· Assess network risks and perform contingency planning
· Provide input to supplier management team to help establish the telecommunications and network-related vendor service agreements
· Install, configure, and maintain telecommunications and network systems (hardware and software)
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical communications and network issues (tier three support)
· Provide input to supplier management team to help manage telecommunications and network-related vendor service level agreements
Building Capabilities (10%):
· Stay up-to-date on telecommunications, networks and network-related technologies
· Serve as a technical resource for infrastructure initiatives that require telecommunications or network expertise
· Coach others
Key behavioral competencies:
Per Southern’s Behavioral Competencies matrix, possess the ability to demonstrate these competencies at a Professional level:
· Business Savvy
· Leading Change
· Relaying Vision
· Excellence Orientation
· Talent Building
· Inspiring Others
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Strategic Thinking
Results / Metrics Position Will Be Measured Against:
· Completing assigned tasks on time, on budget, and with high quality
· Quality and timeliness of issue resolution
· Effective collaboration with leadership and teams within IT and across other functions
·High School diploma, GED, or vocational training Required
·Bachelor’s or Technical Degree Preferred (computer science, information systems or other industry related curriculum)
Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
·10 or more years of work experience as a Senior Network Engineer.
·Experience with Cisco Networking and VoIP
·Knowledge of OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VLAN’s and Multi-layer switching
·CCIE, CCNP,CCDP or equivalent required.
. Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA), network load balancers (F5 and NetScaler), wide area network optimization appliances, VPN, MPLS, QoS, DMVPN and network monitoring and diagnostics.
. Wireless which includes Cisco and Aruba.
. Nexus7K, Cisco 4500, 3750, 3650, 3850.
. Cisco routers 4xxx, 39xx, ASRs.
·Deep experience in telecommunications and network engineering and with telecommunications, network hardware and software components that match the technologies within Southern’s infrastructure landscape
·Strong attention to detail
·Ability to analyze and solve problems
·Strong team player
.Act as Tier 3 support for Network Administrator as scheduled.
Travel Required? Yes
Domestic travel, approximately less than 25%
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.