Retirement Plan AnalystJob ID MIR00002030 Date posted 05/02/2021
Due to promotions and company growth, we are actively seeking to fill 2 Retirement Plan Analyst roles. The Retirement Plan Analysts will be responsible for the administration of employee retirement benefits. This role will be responsible for all analytical and reporting tasks related to all 401(k) and Deferred Compensation Plans such as weekly funding, payroll audits, NDT and year end reporting. Working knowledge and understanding of HR and employee benefit-related laws/regulations up to and including COBRA, FMLA and ERISA. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, or Business Related Field. In addition, they will have 5 years of comprehensive Benefits, Accounting, analytical and reporting experience for Pensions, 401k and Benefits Administration.
- Perform and administer 401(k) and Deferred Compensation Plans including timely deposits of contributions and loan payments for all payroll cycles weekly. Appropriate files must be kept weekly for audit purposes.
- Ensure all weekly retirement plan interfaces are sent and received by the vendor. Validate file totals weekly and all interface error reports. Update vendor website with financial information and adjustments needed in the weekly validation process.
- Ensure all retirement plan payments made are reconciled to the General Ledger and pending adjustments are kept in a log ensuring they are cleared by the next reporting period. Must be able to communicate any reconciling differences to the Accounting Department, 401k Provider, Auditor, Controller and Management.
- Ensure the data quality and system configuration of all retirement plans in the HRIS systems are compliant with each plan document. This will involve providing system business requirements, testing of interface and payroll files and data in the Quality Assurance Environment to ensure the accurate administration of plans.
- Utilize multiple reporting tools to create a variety of adhoc and census reports, benefit reports, payroll reports and spreadsheets concerning enrollments, demographic data, payroll deductions and accruals in the General Ledger.
- Prepare and validate all reports for all 401(k) Benefit audits (union and non-union). Analyst will lead the audit, and coordinate all meetings with Legal, Controller, External Auditor. Analyst will gather all internal and external data, research discrepancies, analyze and recommend corrective actions to Management, Accounting and local Controller.
- Analysis and reporting of data from multiple data sources; define problems, independently conduct research, formulate solutions and make recommendations.
- Along with Sr. Retirement Plan Analyst, prepare all reports needed for Year- End and 401(k) non-discrimination testing. Research, document and log all items as requested by vendor.
- Work with the Sr. Retirement Plan Analyst to coordinate the Trustee to Trustee Asset Transfer Process. Prepare all reporting and plan needs pertaining Trustee to Trustee transfers, and the implementation of a new 401k plan as related to SGWS acquisitions, start-ups, mergers and unions.
- Manage all retirement plan inquiries. Use Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, Adoption Agreements and other referenced materials to address and resolve all Company, Provider and employee inquiries in a timely and courteous manner. Critical nature of this job may require extended hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Finance or Business Related Field.
- Minimum 5 years of comprehensive Benefits, Accounting, analytical and reporting experience when it comes to Pension, 401k and Benefits Administration.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data. Identify and troubleshoot trends. Present trends to Management and Legal.
- Proven aptitude for analysis of data and creation of queries.
• Knowledge of SAP HRIS systems
• Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, audits and reporting.
• Knowledge of 401(K), 409(A) and Benefits Administration and Accounting.
• Highly organized, self-starter, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Strong organizational skills; able to plan proactively and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to be both an effective team member and self-starter.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge in Excel, v look-ups and pivot tables required. Experience with macros a plus.
• Effective interpersonal skills to build strong customer relationships and interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
• Able to develop spreadsheets, reports, visual presentations, and other materials that will support training, process improvements, departmental goals and overall performance.
• Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
• Ability to identify discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information and explains variances.
• Ability to produce high quality work with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice.
• Ability to ensure proper protection of organization's confidential information.
• Ability to handle and resolve complex 401(k) and Benefits related issues.
• Flexible to change and self- motivated to excel, in a fast-paced environment.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.