Principal Application Developer -eCommerce (SAP Hybris)Job ID MIR00000507 Date posted 03/21/2018
The Digital Enterprise program is an enterprise-wide initiative with the objective to drive digital transformation across Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits (SGWS). This will transformSGWS into an omnichannel distributor and improve the productivity of over 9,000 Sales Consultants and Service Representatives. The Digital Enterprise spearheads digital operations to enable best-in-class B2B digital experiences to all users (customers, Sales Consultants, Sales Representatives, and suppliers).
The E-Commerce Developer’s role is to design, develop and enhance software applications. This can also include translating business requirements from functional specifications into technical requirements for development, application evaluation, application configuration, application and integration testing as well as completing appropriate change management documentation.
The E-Commerce Developer will also be responsible for delivering support to end users in the organization for specific software applications. This includes troubleshooting applications (providing Level Three support) and software for all internal end users and external customers to resolve trouble issues per documented trouble tickets
Overall, this role will focus on customizing the SAP Hybris E-Commerce platform adopted by the Digital Enterprise initiative. He or she will collaborate with the E-Commerce Project Manager and Business Analyst (BA) to implement business requirements to the E-Commerce platform.
·Determine opportunities to streamline application support activities to achieve more efficient, timely, and cost effective application support results
· Provide Level Two & Three 24X7 support for software applications under area of responsibility
·Develop user documentation and participate in user training when needed
· Assist in resolving complex data and application issues
·Assist in the design, delivery, and improvement of software applications when called upon to do so
· Stay up-to-date on software applications under area of responsibility to always ensure the highest level of service and support to the organization
·Obtain any certifications needed to be able to effectively support applications in scope
· Mentor peers to help them build capabilities
·Document troubleshooting instructions (continuous improvement)Improve efficiency of team to resolve problems
·High School diploma, GED or vocational training Required
· Bachelor’s or Technical Degree Required (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
·Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
· 7+ year with software development, specifically around eCommerce Technologies, SAP Hybris, CMS technologies, WCF Web Services, REST services, C# , .NET, and Web development
- eCommerce development or integration best practices
- eCommerce forms, screens, views, workflows and reports development
- Experience developing plug-ins and interfaces with other systems
- Architect/design eCommerce system, related customizations, portals, and reports
·Creating technical specifications
· Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business workflows and processes
·Demonstrated proficiency in using either the eCommerceSDK or plugin platforms.
· Experience in delivering web and mobile solutions
·Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
· 5 or more years of technical project implementation experience with SAP Hybris eCommerce platform
·Demonstrated proficiency in installing and deploying SAP Hybris
· Demonstrated proficiency in customizing and creating SAP Hybris entities
·Deep expertise and understanding of common industry-standard business practices support byeCommerce
· Strong knowledge of with developing, deploying, customizing and integratingeCommercetechnologies
·Strong knowledge ofeCommercetechnologies or other business management software preferred
· Some knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) environments, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, Microsoft ASP, Microsoft .NET, etc.
·Must have 5+ years expertise working with of SAP Hybris Multichannel Suite 6.0/5.0 and related technology Java 5/6, J2EE, JSP, Ajax, XML, XSD, Spring MVC, MySQL, Tomcat -server, JUnit, GIT, Unix, and ALM tools
· Hands on experience on Hybris core architecture, Cockpits, ImpEX
·Experience in designing B2B, B2C, multi-site and multi-country, end-to-end implementations of eCommerce platforms
· Expert understanding of one or more software applications in order to provide efficient and effective Level Three support of the applications(s)
·Strong team player with willingness to collaborate
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
·Strong capability to execute tasks with quality
· Proficient oral communication skills
·Ability to utilize existing resources to resolve problems (Level Two support)
· Ability to develop new resources to resolve problems more effectively
·Good time management skills (i.e. works efficiently)
· Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
·Strong understanding of the software applications under area of responsibility
· Experience with and knowledge of one or more applications in SGWS’s landscape
·Capability to understand SGWS’s application portfolio as well as how the different systems contribute to daily business operations
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
·Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across a variety of functional disciplines
· Ability to develop and manage an action plan
·Experience leading large complex technology projects
· Experience working with global teams and working with offshore teams
Excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and nontechnical stakeholders
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.