National Director Maintenance/EHS SupportJob ID MIR00000967 Date posted 03/28/2019
• Models and fosters positive work climate that supports the company core values.
• Acts as a technical resource to the EHS team to assure the implementation of required safety programs effecting maintenance teams ate SGWS facilities, and work closely with SCM Technology+ team to identify cost efficient implementation strategies.
• Trains, plans and supports implementation of applicable EHS/Regulatory and SGWS health and safety programs, including, but not limited to, fire prevention, fall protection, walking & working surfaces, machine guarding, electrical safety, arc flash safety, lockout/tagout, hazard communication, personal protective equipment, confined spaces, powered industrial trucks, material handling equipment/conveyors, scissors lifts & man lifts, industrial hygiene as well as applicable federal and State specific regulations and standards.
• Helps facilities eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
• Identifies and suggests corrective measures to improve each site’s accident rate and to suggest/implement means to achieve site EHS goals.
• Helps develop and implement JSAs or JHAs with safety team for maintenance related work tasks
• Ensures maintenance related safety programs and practices are consistently administered throughout the company in compliance OSHA, NFPA and environmental regulations.
• Supports implementation of a site-specific maintenance and repair schedule through Asset Essentials, all facilities to ensure proactive upkeep of assets.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting, perform other EHS duties as assigned.
• Supports a National Contractor safety program
• Performs Accident and incident investigations as needed
• Travel required 50%
o Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health & Safety or related field (science, engineering) plus a minimum of 5 years EHS experience and 2 year facilities management experience
o or Associates Degree plus a minimum of 7 years’ EHS experience and 5 years’ experience in facilities management;
o a combination of education and 8 years of EHS & facilities management experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred. Expectation to achieve within 2 years if not currently certified.
• Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) preferred
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.