Manager - Disaster Recovery Planning
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Manager - Disaster Recovery Planning at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001909 Date posted 02/25/2021
The Information Technology Leadership Management job function leads, manages and maintains the technology teams for internal information systems, enterprise architecture or infrastructure teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages all daily activities including monitoring, maintenance, tracking, reporting, and problem resolution for the Digital Support Team
• Manage and ensure incident response, Incident Post-Mortem/Root Cause Analysis activities.
• Ensures proper management, maintenance, provisioning and monitoring of all production end-user equipment
• Manages change initiatives in a systematic manner to ensure systems availability, performance and reliability
• Manages internal operations projects that may require cross-department resources and coordination
• Undertakes system maintenance
• Provides customer service to all internal staff
• Monitors the IT ticketing system to ensure timely correction of any incidents
• Analyzes activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future issues
• Helps to define key operational metrics, develop reporting and set targets and continuously improve. Present operational metrics to IT Leadership on a consistent basis
• Partners with Infrastructure Team in areas of cross use resources
• Oversees timely handover of new services/resource from IT teams to functional areas
• Communicates with upper-management and internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
• Oversee and manage application development and maintenance across SGWS
• Works with business partners to ensure a fit for purpose solution is designed.
• Responsible for the delivery of required technology components on time and on budget.
• Support – Escalations go directly to the technology teams
• DevOps– standardize application development tools, standard process/practice, enterprise architecture, continuous deployment, and application monitoring capabilities.
• Mentors, develops, motivates and coaches teams to work collaboratively and effectively
• Works cross functionally across ETP and outside of ETP with key business stakeholders in and outside of SGWS
• Works closely with the technical application development teams to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
• Applies significant knowledge of industry trends, developments, and capabilities to address and improve business capabilities.
• Develops budget and manages work to budget
• Ensures that solutions and services deliver at or above expected business value.
• Participates in industry peer groups to understand industry trends and implements and recommends best practice solutions.
• Drives process and technology changes throughout the organization in support of business objectives.
• Manages and responds to business-partner feedback to enable continuous improvement.
• Communicate effectively up and down the organizational hierarchy in IT and business executive leadership
• Develops and recommends changes to systems, policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree and formal education in relevant disciplines (Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant degreed)
• 5+years related experience in technology management, customer relationship management and staff management
• Critical and creative thinker
• Problem Solver
• Strategic Thinker
• Builds Strong Teams
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Adaptability and ability to manage change
• Prior supervisory experience
• Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Strong record of leadership
• Demonstrates ability to monitor project progress by tracking activities, issues/ risks/dependencies, and provides recommendation for resolution
• Ability to foster a team environment with Agile delivery values
Agile Delivery Values
• Openness – Team and stakeholders agree to be open about all work and challenges
• Commitment – Personally commit to achieving the goals of the team
• Respect – Respect your team members to be capable and independent
• Courage – You have courage to do the right thing and work on tough problems
• Focus – Everyone focus on the work in the sprint and the goal of the scrum team. Rise and fall as a team
• Master’s Degree
• Competent with SAFe, Scrumban, XP, Kanban, Lean, and other Agile frameworks
• Experience in food and beverage, CPG or distribution industry
• Continuous Improvement / Process Management experience (Agile, Six Sigma/LEAN, DMS) including relevant certification
• Competent with SAFe, Scrumban, XP, Kanban, Lean, and other Agile frameworks
Specialized Skills and Technologies
• Designed, implemented, and managed the Disaster Recovery program for a midsize to large organization
• 8+ years of relevant experience, including prior experience working in a National disaster recovery program
• 5+ years of IT Disaster Recovery technology experience with at least three years of project management experience
• Current on disaster recovery best practices and standards (e.g., ISO 22301, DRCS, CBCP, CRISC certifications, etc.) and operational resilience efforts
• 3+ years of experience in Cloud, hosted and managed services in technology
• Practical experience in understanding data replication and restoration knowledge
• Experience with disaster scenario testing variants such as loss of systems/ applications/ databases, servers, networks, data centers
• Direct and recent working experience establishing and maintaining risk management, disaster recovery, and/or business continuity programs
• Experience managing and supporting a variety of technology systems in a leadership or architecture capacity
• Experience providing support within an IT DR program; strong Knowledge in current IT DR approaches, tools and standards and of IT Disaster Recovery Data Center Operational environments
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Principal IT Analyst OTC Engagement - Miramar, Florida
- Principal Analyst, IT Finance - Miramar, Florida
- Principal Solution Analyst, Enterprise Data Services - Miramar, Florida