IT - Internship
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful IT - Internship at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001242 Date posted 09/19/2019
- Support projects as assigned and defined by student’s specific learning goals.
- Participate in training, on-site meetings, and department wide learning opportunities as available.
- Ability to complete an end of internship project showcasing one’s knowledge and present to management.
- Reside in the vicinity of the internship or have ability to obtain housing.
- Must be a minimum Junior in college and graduating the following year, pursuing a degree in:
- Business: BS/BA in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing/Sales, Communication, Management Information Systems (MIS) and/or comparable from an accredited university.
- Technical: Engineering, or Computer Science and/or comparable from an accredited university.
- Previous work experience
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to work with others to accomplish tasks, assignments and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to expresses ideas clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens attentively; ensures that information is understood by all parties; and shares information in a timely manner.
- Ability to accurately and carefully follow established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plan with an appropriate and realistic sense of the time demand involved.
- Ability to work through ambiguity in order to maintain momentum and achieve progress.
- Demonstrate respect and value contributions of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Miramar, FL and Dallas, TX
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Recent Job Openings
- CPWS Business Intelligence Analyst Miramar, Florida,
- Talent Acquisition Lead/SR HRBP - Transatlantic Division Miramar, Florida,
- Sales Merchandiser Full Time - Chicago, Illinois area Bolingbrook, Illinois,