Engineer - End User Computing
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Engineer - End User Computing at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001907 Date posted 02/25/2021
The Deskside Engineer is responsible for the development, design, and implementation of the enterprise mobile devices, desktop and laptop systems. Provide technical research for change, maintenance, and enhancement to existing technologies as well as implementation of new technologies and end user devices. Responsible for building System Images and creating application packages for iOS and Windows 10 systems. Strong experience in Mobile Device Management and System Center Configuration Manager administration, software packaging, and deployment. Collaborate with other engineering teams to ensure client strategy and architecture are effectively designed and integrated. Experience with installation and administration of Microsoft Intune, including configuration, troubleshooting, access, and rights management. Audits and analyzes data to ensure processes are followed and standards are maintained. This individual will need to have skillsets related to Windows deskside systems and software along with configuration management and O365 operations. This position will also provide L3 desktop support and be responsible for providing technical support for our customer base through our CA Service Desk platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Define and document processes and standards for common image and security update deployment schedules
• SCCM/MDM administration, software packaging, and deployment
• Microsoft Intune administration and deployment
• Define standards for SCCM Distribution Points
• Qualify new hardware/software, build common image, coordinate package releases, endpoint protection
• Analyze business requirements and design/document detailed, aggressive testing strategies that are in accordance with the Quality Assurance department's standards
• Automate and enable maintenance and rote activities to drive efficiencies
• Technical documentation skills
• Analyst skills
• Solid customer service skills
• Ability to follow detailed instructions
• Ability to troubleshoot and help solve problems
• Technical knowledge and skills as required for the position
• Bachelor’s or Technical degree in related field or equivalent experience
• 5 or more years of work experience in an Infrastructure or technical function
• Experience in endpoint management: install, support, configure, evaluate, maintain, monitor, and analyze systems and software in both mobile and PC devices.
• Experience with application upgrades, security patching, and platform updates
• Must possess good problem-solving skills
• Understanding of hardware and software dependencies
• The ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
• Good verbal/written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong team player who can work across multiple functional areas and disciplines
• Capability to understand SGWS’ application portfolio as well as how the different systems contribute to daily business
• Familiarity with ITIL concepts
• Bachelor’s degree (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
• Possess entry level industry certification(s)
• 5 or more years of experience in Infrastructure engineering role as it relates to the hardware and software components that align to technologies supported at Southern Glazers
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills, strong attention to detail
• Ability to create, read, analyze, and interpret technical diagrams and written procedures
• Ability to arrange processes or data in order of patterns specific to policies, processes, or system requirements
• Ability to analyze and solve problems, think outside of the box and grasp technical concepts
• Ability to combine information or data to find relationships among seemingly unrelated events
• Provide accurate and timely updates to work tickets, incidents, and outages
• Coach others
• ITIL Foundation certified
Specialized Skills and Technologies
• Microsoft SCCM, Intune (Endpoint Management, MDM, MAM), Azure, AirWatch MDM, Active Directory
• Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Solutions, PowerShell, Power BI
• MCP, MTA, MCSA certifications preferred
• Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
• Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
• May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Principal IT Analyst OTC Engagement - Miramar, Florida
- Principal Analyst, IT Finance - Miramar, Florida
- Principal Solution Analyst, Enterprise Data Services - Miramar, Florida