Disaster Recovery Planner
Southern Glazer's Information Technology team, known as Enterprise Technology Partners, serves as the company's strategic advisors delivering innovative solutions through cutting-edge technology. As a team member, you'll play an integral role in providing our business partners, suppliers, and customers with the necessary tools to be more productive, collaborative, and innovative. With roles ranging from project managers and business analysts to application developers, data analysts and deskside engineers, our team's dynamic capabilities will offer you with the opportunity to grow in your career.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Travel: Less than 25%
What makes a successful Disaster Recovery Planner at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Digital savvy
“The best part of working at Southern Glazer’s is that every day is a different opportunity to learn something new – not just technical skills, but also the way that we work as a team.”
Barbara Matthews, Service Desk Support Analyst
“This is the nicest work environment I’ve ever worked in. My team is helpful to others when needed. One thing that is really outstanding is if you reach out to another team, how they respond. It’s so nice to be treated nicely by other teams as well as your own.”
Kari Mogensen, Senior Support Service Technician
“ETP is a great group that works well together. Our leader is dedicated, intelligent, and a real motivator.”
Peter Korondi, Senior System Environments Administrator
“I started working for Southern Glazer’s about 6 months after I graduated college. It was my first 'real' job. I have been with SGWS for 12 years now, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and work in states all over the country. It has introduced me to people of all types and has shown me that SGWS hires great employees who are also great people. I am lucky to have started my career path here, and I look forward to the company’s growth.”
Michael Hubbard, Senior BA-OTC
A Word From Our Leadership: CIO Ann Dozier
"We have been fortunate to have strong leadership support from our Executive team and great business partners that have enabled us to standardize our systems, create key foundational elements that operate on industry-leading platforms, and grow our digital footprint leveraging best- in-class technologies. There is always more to accomplish with IT, as the landscape and needs change daily, and we have to stay ahead of that change."
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MIR00001587 Date posted 06/12/2020
The primary objective for the Disaster Recovery Planner is to ensure SGWS can recover critical business applications in the event of a disaster that impacts a facility housing our IT computing assets.
This role is responsible for developing a disaster recovery strategy, framework, and plan to enable Enterprise Technology Partners (ETP) to effectively respond to disasters, recover our systems, and minimize the impact and loss to our business.
Acts as a primary facilitator, coordinator and communicator of cross-functional teams in the development of Disaster Recovery Plans. Will guide owners of assigned applications through an annual Application Impact Assessment, Strategy Review, Plan Development, and Testing Cycle in accordance with SGWS disaster recovery framework
The responsibilities for this role are:
• Develop a disaster recovery strategy and framework for critical enterprise applications
• Develop, socialize, and maintain disaster recovery policies, standards, procedures, and processes
• Manage the compliance exception process to track and report gaps, risks, compensating controls, and remediation strategies
• Develop or oversee development of Disaster Recovery plans and work instructions to recover business critical applications and systems
• Analyze, evaluate, and recommend technical solutions to improve the recovery process
• Oversee technical initiatives to architect, design, engineer, and implement technical disaster recovery strategies and solutions
• Develop, coordinate, and conduct testing and exercising, including plan walk-throughs, table top exercises, technical tests, and functional drills. Create artifacts to evidence the testing.
• Develop and conduct disaster recovering related testing / training
• Coordinate plan review and approval process with broader business risk mitigation initiatives
• Partner with the Business Continuity team to understand Business Impact Analyses
• Coordinate recovery efforts during a ‘real’ disaster situation
• Support development of Risk Assessments
• Subject matter expertise in IT Disaster Recovery with a minimum of 5 years of Disaster Recovery Experience
• 5 years of experience in an Information Technology discipline
• 3+ years of experience with developing / testing recovering strategies for cloud (IaaS / SaaS) based applications
• Working knowledge of disaster recovery tools and technologies
• 2 – 3 years’ experience as a project manager
• Familiarity with automation and orchestration tools for recovering applications at alternate locations
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex integrated disaster recovery exercises
• Experience leading technology assessments and plans development
• Thorough knowledge of data management in order to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures
• Proven ability to lead indirect teams to develop and execute plans
• Strong ability in building effective relationships with clients and colleagues
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents
• Ability to multitask and work cross functionally with multiple business partners
• Exercise and meeting facilitation experience
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Bachelor’s Degree Required (business, engineering, computer science, information management, management information systems, or a related field)
• DRII CBCP – Certified Business Continuity Professional (or similar certification) Highly Preferred
• Certified Disaster Recovery Professional
• ITIL certified a plus
• Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
• Experience in architecting disaster recovery solutions
• Experience in designing, developing, maintaining, and exercising/testing of
• Experience in virtualization, cloud computing, managed hosting, and disaster recovery outsourcing with alternate site vendors
• Experience in project management methodology desirable
• Less than 25%
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.