Supplier Insights AnalystJob ID MIA00000103 Date posted 01/04/2018
Apply Now Apply Later
Provide analytical support and compile data from a variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing supplier issues and providing reports on key business KPIs to guide on-going business performance.
- Track Regional and State execution of National Annual Operating Plan using Business Objects and Compass.
- Work with Supplier Management Team to provide feedback on annual goals and validity of national programs.
- Keep the Supplier Management Team informed of risks/opportunities vs. Goal on Annual Operating Plan and National programs.
- Conduct research to uncover key issues, benchmarks, and best practices and synthesize findings into recommendations for optimal business solutions.
- Analyze business performance scorecards with specific commentary focused on business drivers, performance trends, risks and opportunities including innovation items, leveraging all available data sources including Compass and Nielsen.
- Influence performance based culture through development of analytics, tools and technology leading to increased transparency, accountability and best practice for the business.
- Set up and maintain national tracking and KPI’s based on a specific predetermined formatted tracker in a predetermined format.
- Work with Supplier and Commercial Intelligence Platform team to set up and maintain the Supplier Hierarchy (SuperGroup, Group, SubGroup).
- Validate supplier prior year histories annually and current year histories monthly. Work with supplier in a timely manner to reconcile differences.
- Consolidate and report financial performance (GP%, GP$, GP % increase, etc.) for all platinum suppliers.
- Work closely with suppliers to improve sales reporting capabilities by streamlining resource application data into review/reporting.
- Provide analytical support to corporate and regional teams as required for supplier reviews, quarterly business reviews, and on-going business performance management.
- Maintain a predetermined set of standard and advice on new and innovative methods to improve upon the standards.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field of study.
- 3 – 5 years of financial analysis experience in a corporate environment. Consumer Packed Goods industry experience; supplier and wholesaler experience a plus.
- Knowledge of using processes, tools, and techniques for exploring, reporting and evaluating alternative financial scenarios, and results.
- Knowledge using business intelligence and data analytics software
- Knowledge of and ability to use Excel, performing calculations, using advanced formatting features and creating formulas.
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value-added support, strong follow-up skills, independent decision-maker.
- Quantitative skills in working with financial and statistical data.
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Ability to complete complex analytical tasks error-free with limited supervision and generate insights from large quantities of data or disparate data sources.
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and organizational levels to achieve desired goals.
Job:Accounting & Finance
Primary Location:United States-Florida-Miami
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.
Recent Job Openings
- Sales Representative- D&E Fine Wine Dallas, Texas,
- Sales Representative - Fort Worth- Paramount Division Dallas, Texas,
- Digital Asset Management Analyst II Miramar, Florida,