Senior Manager, Change Management - Office of Strategic ManagementJob ID MIA00000399 Date posted 11/13/2020
Established with the combination of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc. and Glazer’s Inc., Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits, LLC (Southern Glazer’s) is North America’s largest wine and spirits distributor and the preeminent data insights company for alcoholic beverages. The Company has operations in 44 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, Canada, and the Caribbean, distributes more than 150 million cases of wine and spirits annually, and employs more than 20,000 team members.
Office of Strategic Management (OSM):
The Office of Strategic Management (OSM), supports Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits corporate, divisional and functional leaders with strategy development, executive decision making and initiative implementation. Functioning as an internal consulting group, the team works in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with direct interaction with the company’s senior executives and decision-makers. The small and flat team structure allows the team to be nimble and efficient, while at the same time exposing team members to various areas of the business.
The Change Management Manager will play a key role in the design, implementation and accelerated adoption of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirit’s organizational change initiatives. This role will focus on the people side of change, including changes to organizational structure, business processes, systems and technologies. The primary responsibility of this role will include creating and implementing change management strategies; helping to build/coach effective teams; developing stakeholder maps/change management plans and associated communications; developing implementation/training plans and materials; and partnering with fellow OSM team members, business leaders and project teams to support the “people side” of successful project execution.
• Support OSM project leads and strategic project owners with developing and implementing key change management assessments and deliverables.
• Act as a coach to company and project leaders, educating them on change management to help them fulfill the role of change sponsors / agents.
• Partner with project / business unit / functional managers in understanding their change needs and provide recommendations for change management strategies.
• Support project teams in mobilizing a change management workstream and developing stakeholder analyses and associated change management plans.
• Develop and roll out enterprise-wide change management standards, templates and best practices.
• Drive communication efforts including the design, development and delivery of communications.
• Support training efforts by providing input on the design and delivery of training programs.
• Own the development of an enterprise wide change agent network.
• Have familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle—and what change management approaches are useful during the various phases of a project.
• Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
Bachelor’s degree focused on Business Administration/Management, Communications, Human Resource Management or related discipline.
A minimum of five years managing change management engagements, and/or accelerating adoption of large-scale organizational/business change, preferably in a management consulting capacity or corporate strategy department.
Advanced degree with a focus on Organizational Behavior and/or MBA is desirable but not required.
Change management certification or designation desirable but not required.
• Experience and knowledge of change management and principles, methodologies and tools.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) to facilitate large meetings and communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent active listening skills in order to identify risks and/or resistance to organizational changes.
• Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and root cause identification skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills in order to effectively build relationships throughout the organization and able to work with and through others.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time or as the business demands.
• Flexible and adaptable and able to work in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
• Acute business acumen and a solid understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.