Senior Analyst, Office of Strategic ManagementJob ID MIA00000234 Date posted 03/19/2019
- Analytical Support: Structure analyses—including defining logic, business rules and assumptions—needed to drive business decisions. Deliver analyses employing a variety of programs (MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, etc.) and business intelligence tools (Business Objects, Diver, Data Warehouse, etc.) to identify, extract and analyze data.
- Presentation Support: Support team members in the development of PowerPoint slides to effectively communicate findings.
- Research Support: Conduct ad hoc and ongoing research projects related to strategic initiatives
- Project Management Support: Support team members with analytical support as needed
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required (cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above). Preferably in business, finance, economics, engineering, accounting or applied math. MBA is preferred.
- Experience: Relevant analytical work experience is required. 1-3 years of work experience preferred but will consider applicants with strong academic results and internship experience
- Project Management Skills: Must possess excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Computer Skills: Must have knowledge of extracting data from a database (knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) is a strong plus). Advanced proficiency in MS Excel. Must be proficient in MS Word, and MS PowerPoint, and must have a working knowledge of MS Access. Ability to learn various business solutions programs (i.e., Diver, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.)
- Analytical/Problem-Solving Skills: Must demonstrate strong critical thinking capabilities and analytical / problem-solving skills. Must be comfortable interpreting and manipulating large amounts of data. Must demonstrate a structured, analytical thought process.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to tell a story with data.
- Detail Oriented: Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
- Commitment: Must demonstrate commitment to getting the job done. Hours will vary on a weekly basis based on workload and project deadlines.
- People & Team Skills: Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team and to take part in professional discussions. Also must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress—such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning. Must demonstrate ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Location: Must be willing to reside in South Florida.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.