Manager, Office of Strategic ManagementJob ID MIA00000235 Date posted 03/19/2019
- Project management: Independently balance and manage multiple project accountabilities, ensuring clear project definitions upfront (e.g., project scope, objectives, work streams, resources, timelines, communication and challenges).
- Research and problem-solving support: Conduct ad hoc and ongoing research using structured problem-solving/insights—for projects related to strategic initiatives.
- Communication and presentation support: Design and develop PowerPoint decks and associated talking points to effectively communicate findings.
- Executive analytical support: Structure analyses needed to drive business decisions (including defining logic, business rules and assumptions). Deliver analyses and insights employing a variety of and business intelligence tools to identify, extract and analyze data.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required (cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above). Preferably in business, finance, economics, engineering, accounting or applied math.
- MBA is preferred but not required.
- Experience: Minimum five years of relevant analytical and commercial work experience is required. Marketing, supplier/supplier-facing and/or customer relations experience in the wine and spirits industry is a plus.
- Analytical/problem-solving skills: Must demonstrate strong critical thinking capabilities and problem-solving skills. Must be comfortable interpreting and working with large amounts of data.
- Must demonstrate a structured, analytical thought process.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
- Project management skills: Must possess ability to take the initiative, pro-actively look for solutions,
- work and manage projects within tight deadlines, and communicate to project leadership any challenges/issues in a clear and timely fashion.
- People and team skills: Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team, to take part in professional discussions and to liaise with senior executives on a regular basis. Also, must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress, such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning.
- Must demonstrate ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment: Must demonstrate commitment to getting the job done. Hours will vary on a weekly basis dependent on workload and project deadlines.
- Computer skills: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Location: Must be willing to reside in South Florida, and travel when required
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.