B2C e-Commerce Analyst- ContentJob ID MIA00000441 Date posted 03/04/2021
The e-Commerce Analyst will provide Insights & Analytics support to our retail customers, suppliers and account teams and will assist in
identifying opportunities and making recommendations that deliver category and customer growth in the area of eCommerce
(the beverage alcohol operations of eCom accounts with W&S licenses and limited or no brick & mortar footprint).
This individual will be part of the new B2C eCommerce organization at SGWS, a team responsible for developing and executing beverage alcohol eCommerce
strategy with e-retail partners including National Accounts, Regional Accounts, Pure Play, and Delivery Services Platforms. The team will be incubated in
the Chief Growth Office and will partner with members of the Chief Growth Office, the National Accounts organization, and Commercial Transformation team,
ETP, SMBD/Fine Wine/Dedicated Divisions, and Local Sales Teams. Analyst, Pure Play Customer Development, will report to the Director, Accounts and
to the Vice President of Three-tier eCommerce.
• Understand priority retailers digital shelf guidelines and own the content completeness at priority SGWS B2C accounts:
• Ensure that digital shelf information is accurate for top skus at priority B2C accounts (pricing, sales copy, sku numbers, images, videos, buying guides,
meta descriptions, taxonomy, etc) on retail partner sites.
• Navigate multiple retailer supplier portals (e.g. Walmart Retail Link, Kroger Secure File Transfer, Albertsons, Meijer, etc.)
• Work closely with account and CD teams to ensure that monitoring that images are loaded for new product launches, package changes and that online skus get
activated online when authorized in stores.
• Respond to account generated content requests – e.g. Walmart sends automated content requests to flag attributes that may not be in compliance
• Utilize EDGE and other partners to monitor our Digital Shelf and ensure that we address image and content gaps.
• Own content set up with accounts:
• Help determine whether account eligible/willing to accept automated content solution (salsify channel or API feed) or less automated solution
(manual entry into retailer portal or salsify self serve catalog)
• When setting up new accounts, work with ETP to close one-time bulk content gaps via sharepoint solution. (typically 500-2K sku/retailer)
• Work with ETP/content teams to create self serve catalog or channel set up
• Ensure that we are working with SGWS content teams to close gaps that may existing in SGWS library feeding salsify catalogs:
o Missing items
o VAP’s, large size, small sizes
o Help to define & execute our emerging strategy regarding retailer specific content needed to boost online share of voice, e.g. identify keywords needed in
titles and descriptions, ensure add in enhanced content, etc.
• Liaise with following teams across SGWS, supplier and retailer partners regarding the day to day management of the retailer content.
o SGWS Content team
o SGWS Account & Customer Development teams
o SGWS B2C Team
o Retailer Ecommerce Teams
o Supplier Partners (ecommerce, account/cd, content teams)
• Manage communication with suppliers who may identify product gaps on retailers sites – identify why content not on site (not authorized, operational issues,
missing content, etc.) and work with suppliers and SGWS content teams to address any gaps that may be in SGWS product catalog
• SGWS B2C accounts with Salsify self serve catalogs today that require content maintenance resources: ABC, Albertsons, Binnys, Costco, HEB, Raleys, Specs,
Total Wine, Walmart (conversations with Walgreens underway)
• SGWS B2C accounts where we are manually updating content: Meijer, Kroger, Sam’s Club, Amazon, Wine.com (possibly Albertsons, BevMo and Target – if we can’t
get those channels activated)
• SGWS B2C accounts with potential automated content solution, although no traction there today: Albertsons, Target & Walmart
CHAMPIONING AND EDUCATING:
• Analysis & Reporting: Work with our monitoring partners to understand and share metrics with B2C teams, ETP and content team stakeholders
• Retailer Content Strategy & Development: Work closely with B2C team to develop a strategy for each retailers’ platform to optimize our digital shelf.
• Digital Trends: Conduct regular research and audits of the marketplace and competitive sets for new ideas related to the online consumer shopping experience and
site presentation. Stay up to date on trends and changes within the ecommerce and retail landscape in order to be able to provide a point of view on how our digital shelf
efforts could be improved. This includes regular research and audits of the marketplace and competitive sets.
• Idealization, accurate planning, scoping, project scheduling, resource management, tracking, status reporting, deadlines and assuming responsibility for the
organization quality and day-to-day management of the work.
• Solid level of ability in juggling various projects and priorities, a high attention to detail, and a solution oriented working style.
• Thorough and detailed with documentation and communication, and efficient enough to meet deadlines.
• Previous experience of website or e-commerce (must have personal experience buying online.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
• Strong project and time management skills, able to be self-directed and proactively manage and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
• Basic understanding of website development and content management systems
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and their implementation
• Basic understanding of marketing concepts and consumer behavior
• Some experience with Online Analytics
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Proven track record to achieve goals
• External agency management oversight experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated knowledge working with SEO & content marketing
• A keen eye for emerging technologies and how to adapt / adopt them for an enriched shopping experience
• In lieu of degree, at least 4 years of experience in the field of eCommerce and Digital Marketing and/or Technology
• Technical knowledge required for e-commerce development, UAT, design and launch strategies including SEO
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.