Day Warehouse Worker, Full-Time - Louisville, KYJob ID LOU00000183 Date posted 12/14/2018
- Work in a crew to fill cases pick modules as needed and as directed by supervisor in both bottle room and full case locations.
- Extensive use of RF equipment to perform product tasks as directed by Leadership.
- Ensure clean and safe work areas. Remove loose plastic wrap, cardboard, empty pallets and other warehouse debris generated during restocking.
- Employee will be cross trained on all day shift functions and duties. (Receiving and put- away, product returns processing and put-away, case and pallet replenishments, day-bill picking, will call assistance, etc.)
- Periodically help on delivery routes on fill-in basis, as needed.
- Responsible for complying with current dress code, proper use of PPE, and complying with all Safety Rules and direction.
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes employee safety in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Generalized knowledge of working in warehousing operation.Previous warehousing experience a plus.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Preferred level of education is a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to push or pull fifty (50) pounds occasionally during work shift.
- Ability to operate basic warehouse equipment such as a powered industrial truck and RF electronic equipment.
- Good to excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally during the work shift.
- Must be physically able to operate forklift, order picker, reach lift and pallet jack through use of hand and foot controls; operation of equipment done in sitting and standing position.
- Position requires standing, sitting, squatting, twisting, walking, carrying, and bending on a continuous basis throughout the work shift
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.