Chain Account Manager - Little Rock, ARJob ID LIT00000078 Date posted 10/11/2017
Apply Now Apply Later
- Partner with chain account to manage and measure planner retail execution, ad and program compliance along with chain account initiatives at store level.
- Partner with chain account to collaborate and support the category management personnel at the store level.
- Assist Account Executive with headquarter calls
- Apply analytical skills to synthesize complex and diverse information.
- Align with account Executive in identifying sales and margin opportunities.
- Proactively identify issues, trends and opportunities to help SGWS achieve goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as required by the specific chain account.
- Work with Category Management to communicate and distribute schematics for Spirits and Wines.
- Including Cold Box schematics and any store specific schematics
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and follow-through skills to meet deadlines as defined by leading suppliers and chain grocery store accounts.
- Work independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Communication to Facilitates and finds proactive solutions to all Supplier Requests (approved by SGWS Management) where applicable
- Works with key Suppliers in communicating all aspects of the business.
- Proactively contribute ideas to projects, consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise.
- Work with sales representatives to identify business trends, forecast demand and prepare the annual sales budget Knowledge of basic category management concepts
- Gather market information to create offers that will boost the company margins and will beat the competition.
- Develops and communicates strategic account reviews regularly to review service needs and usage trends
- Actively participates in internal client brainstorming sessions by offering ideas and solutions for each project
- Assists with Sales Projections for Account Executive, Chain VP and Director of Sales Communication and archive on SharePoint Understand Business Trends and Risks to suppliers & accounts business AC Nielsen trends
- Understand pricing structure for chain accounts.
- Be the conduit of information from the account to the field and vice versa
- Manages spend forecasts and budgets
- Tracks Monthly programs
- Key role to make sure all internal communications on account activity is accurate and timely.
- Assists in communication to SGWS Field Teams of all Programs within portfolio and works with Division Merchandising Manager & Field Sales to monitor execution of programs
- Gives updates to Chain VP and Director of Sales and Supplier partner
- Work in field with SGWS key merchandising managers & suppliers.
- Meet with chain account management to communicate SGWS current programs.
- Assist with Inventory / Planning / Forecasting Inventory
- Forecasting to Purchasing for key programs and quantity buys
- Works with Purchasing and Suppliers on all SGWS Allocations
- Responsible for All pricing communication to Chain VP, Director of Sales, Team Coordinator and account.
- Communicates Sales Risk to Chain VP and Director of Sales.
- High School Diploma/GED and 3+ years of retail, hospitality and or industry experience ideally within consumer packaged goods environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Strong understanding of cost/pricing methodology.
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Available for overnight travel.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as within a team structure.
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Able to inspire, coach and lead a team by example.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are needed for sales trainings and meetings among executive sales/supplier management teams.
- Proven track record of strong sales and leadership skills in previous/current work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal talents which will enhance existing customer and key retailer relationships.
- Analytical aptitude, which will ensure sales forecasts, daily/monthly reporting and execution of standards of distribution are in alignment with company/supplier standards.
- Bachelor Degree and or related experience inclusive of the following: Business/Accounting/Finance/Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Wine/Industry knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories
- A minimum of 2 years Management experience
- SGWS continuing education preferred to include Southern Wine & Spirits University curriculum, Bridgework, supplier sponsored training and or credentials/certifications vetted by the industry.
- Knowledge of National Accounts and the relationship to local execution including management and individual contributors.
- Exhibited competence and familiarity adhering to headquarter level sales operations for major chain accounts.
- Working knowledge of internal SGWS operations systems to include Liquid Analytics, Diver, SharePoint,etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing chain accounts in similar sales industry.
Primary Location:United States-Arkansas-Little Rock
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.
Recent Job Openings
- Category Manager/Trade Development Manager (National Trade Dev & Space Intelligence ) Cincinnati, Ohio,
- Trade Development Manager Syosset, New York,
- Chain Sales Merchandiser - Woodland Hills Oxnard, California,