S & OP PlannerJob ID LAS00000199 Date posted 01/15/2019
As Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits moves toward an integrated planning model for its Supply Chain, the Sales & Operations Planning group plays a critical role in its success. The Group facilitates the accurate forecasting of sales through a combination of statistical analysis and close collaboration with the Sales, Brand Management, Commercial Operations and Finance functions. The S&OP Planner is the key team member at the Division level, responsible for creating, updating and improving the statistical sales forecast, engaging with local Commercial counterparts to incorporate commercial intelligence & providing visibility to local Leadership. S/he will be located in the local market served and act as the point of contact between the Supply Chain and local Commercial functions at the Division level. This role requires strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills working cross-functionally and an ability to understand market dynamics. The role will report to the Sub-Regional S&OP Lead.
- Utilize the JDA Demand Planning software to model and create unconstrained statistical demand forecast based on historical depletions, market trends, seasonality, product mix, bias and other factors
- Evaluate demand planning data integrity to ensure that analysis is conducted with accurate information
- Identify and correct exceptions and anomalies in the statistical forecast that may impact accuracy; choose and apply the appropriate forecasting algorithms and parameters in accordance with regional/national policies; proactively collaborate with Commercial counterparts on forecasting demand for new items and addressing exceptions
- Lead monthly meetings with Commercial counterpart(s) to understand proposed changes to demand based on upcoming commercial activity (i.e. pricing, promotional plans, launches, events, etc.). Also includes updating forecast for any last minute unplanned demand
- Provide rolled-up visibility of proposed Consensus Forecast locally as part of monthly cycle, drive completion of GM Sign Off
- Identify and communicate to commercial concerns regarding aged inventory, slow moving & obsolete items (SLOBs), high DOH items, etc.
- Deliver against core business targets including inventory and customer fill rate
- Monitor Site-level S&OP Planning metrics (inventory turns, forecast accuracy, forecast bias); review them with Commercial to discuss improvement opportunities; joint responsibility with Commercial for Total accuracy
Skills & Experience:
•Bachelor’s degree required (technical field preferred) or equivalent work experience
•Minimum of 5 years of business experience preferred
•Strong analytical acumen; ability to think critically, provide recommendations and/or use models to optimize decision making between demand, supply, sales & operations
•Proficient in the use of MS office, especially MS Excel; comfortable with excel-based modelling
•Previous experience with statistical forecasting software, business planning/S&OP, and a working understanding of statistical modelling is a plus; job role will require candidate to develop high proficiency in the use of specified statistical software
•Working knowledge of Order to Cash systems is a plus
•Understanding of products, categories and channels in the alcoholic beverage industry is a plus
•Strong team player with willingness to collaborate across different departments, sometimes virtually
•Minimal travel required; up to once per quarter
•Commercial – Local Divisional Account Executives, Sales Managers or Brand Managers
•Supply Planning – Central Inventory Optimization Managers and Replenishment Specialists
•Microsoft Office – strong excel skills
• OTC (Order to Cash) – working knowledge a plus
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.