Payroll AnalystJob ID LAS00000260 Date posted 08/13/2019
- Compile and analyze payroll data to maintain payroll records including journal entries, month-end close procedures, and general ledger coding.
- Balance payroll runs, produce federal, state and local tax payments, and answer employee questions and troubleshoot issues.
- Verify and reconcile accuracy of figures, calculations, and posting related to payroll(s).
- Complete monthly and yearly variance analysis and corresponding audits.
- Maintain electronic/manual timesheets for back-up recordkeeping.
- Compute withholding, and deductions associated with net earnings (i.e. vacation benefits and 401(k)).
- Review computed wages and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll(s) (weekly, semi-monthly, monthly).
- Perform employment verification and produce headcount, overtime, and month-end reports.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate's Degree and 1-2 years of experience with in-house payroll systems for high volume of employees (1100 - 1500 estimated).
- Accurate keyboarding, data entry skills, and 10 key by touch.
- Ability to work under time constraints and strict deadlines.
- Work flexible schedule to meet position responsibilities.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and commitment to maintain confidential information. Assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
- Oversee varying payroll dates and wage structures.
- Experience in working with sales commissions.
- Familiarity with union contracts/multiple collective bargaining units.
- Understanding of cost accounting and ability to assist in other general accounting areas.
- Experience performing manual journal entries and calculations. Familiarity with Kronos time keeping system & SAP payroll system.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.