Night Warehouse AssociateJob ID LAK00000414 Date posted 05/29/2019
- Load and unload cases of product within a warehouse facility. Utilize hand trucks, pallet jack, reach truck, order-pickers, forklifts, turret truck, hoists (battery change stations), conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks and within or between storage facilities. Use of full range of peripheral vision to operate equipment.
- The physical, fast-paced position requires continual standing, walking, reaching, lifting, lowering, and moving/sliding cases of product which weigh 35 - 45 lbs. (occasionally up to 75 lbs.) without accommodations.
- Must be able to maintain required departmental production standards. While working in a fast past warehouse environment with high degree of accuracy.
- Conduct inventory and cycle counts.
- Assist in receiving dock operations by loading or unloading shipments. Ensuring that container are secure with wheel chocks or other required device before transferring product.
- Able to select “pick” product from designated location to fill conveyor, bottle room, oddball.
- Stock pick locations in the bottle room and pick mod and oddball in an organized manner.
- Able to read, understand and to pick from location using “picking labels”
- Able to be trained and to select on a “pick to voice” selecting system.
- Able to be equipment trained and to pick from locations up to 35 feet in height
- Restock bottles and case returns, stock product accurately restock out of place products, and sort pallets by size while maintaining a high degree of product integrity.
- Responsible for the proper recording, reporting, and handling of broken cases to include the re-boxing of good bottles and sending the broken bottles to the dump location.
- Responsible for leaving issued equipment in good working order and free of all trash for next person to use and to reporting all any faults on the equipment used. Equipment must be returned to assigned staging area.
- Perform housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse in addition to clean “as you go”.
- Adhere to all safety procedures/standards within the course of performing job duties and wear all company issued safety equipment as required.
- Report to work as scheduled and adhere to all SGWS policies rules and procedures.Required Skills:
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent and/or 1-2 years warehouse experience in a distribution environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and on a repetitive basis and kneel, bend, twist, reaching/over-head to accomplish task.
- Capable of working required scheduled coupled with required overtime as needed especially during October, November, and December (OND).
- Ability to read, speak, write, and comprehend the English language and is able to perform essential job duties and all other duties as assigned.
- Familiar with warehouse management systems for tracking case volume and product placement within warehouse facility.
- Shipping/Receiving, general warehouse, and packaging skills.
- Previous distribution center experience working with “pick to voice system” picking method.
- Forklift operating, hand trucks, pallet jack, reach truck, order-pickers, forklifts, turret truck, hoists (battery change stations), experience or certification.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.