Delivery Driver- Lakeland
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID LAK00000383 Date posted 03/21/2019
- Assemble and deliver customer orders utilizing hand trucks, truck ramp, lift gate, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks and within or between customer locations and delivery truck (storage facilities). Placing product in specific designated areas to complete delivery cycle.
- Adhere to all safety procedures/standards within the course of performing job duties and performs required daily pre and post trip DOT safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route and immediately reporting of any damages or mechanical issues.
- Report to work as scheduled and adhere to all SGWS policies rules and procedures.
- This position may require continual sitting, walking, reaching, lifting, lowering, and moving/sliding cases of product which weigh 35 - 45 lbs. (occasionally up to 75 lbs.) without accommodations.
- Partner with manager/supervisor and dispatch to acquire delivery schedule and to communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered. In addition to reporting shortages / breakage to the security department immediately.
- Inspecting cargo (load) prior to departure and securing the load if necessary. Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or product discrepancies.
- Record route activity and produce accurate /thorough delivery records.
- Collect payment (no cash) from customers on limited basis.
- Provide high level of service and explore additional business opportunities, share information on new potential customers and relay information to the sales team.
- Comply with Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and delivery policies/procedures.
- Maintain the interior of truck cabin and box organized and clean.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 2:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends. Work required overtime as needed especially during October, November, and December (OND).
- High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years experience in route delivery environment.
- Must possess a Class A/B Commercial Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and a minimum of two years of route delivery/driving experience.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds consistently and on a repetitive basis and kneel, bend, climb, twist, reaching/over-head to accomplish task.
- Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision and is able to perform essential job duties and all other special projects as assigned.Preferred Qualification:
- Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry. Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.