Warehouse Worker - Night (Kawaihae)Job ID KAW00000014 Date posted 03/25/2019
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the operation of power equipment for the purposes of shipping, moving, locating, relocating and stacking product stock. Responsible for hand-loading or stacking product stock without power equipment when applicable, and any other related duties that may be assigned.
Core Job Duties:
- Perform under the guidance of each department SOP and/or direction of the area supervisor.
- Maintain the highest of quality product and service, accuracy and team work.
- Picking/Replenishment – pull and prepare items for shipment or replenishment and/or perform all picking duties in a timely and efficient manner as directed thorough the WMS instructions.
- Shipping – Hand-load product onto power conveyor in a safe, timely and efficient manner as directed by the WMS instructions and as directed by the department supervisor.
- Shipping – Inspect and ensure that product being loaded for shipping meets the customers’ receiving requirements and will transport safely.
- Returns – Restock product to rack, module and bulk locations as instructed by WMS system instructions & procedures. All to be performed by the use of power equipment.
- Breakage – Recoup damaged/broken product as per SOP’s.
- Check in – Receive and record return and will call items accurately and timely.
- Equipment handling – Load, unload, move, stack, store and stage products using a forklift, slip sheet machine, order picker, or other power equipment. The use of an order picker will require activity of heights up to 25’.
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and product.
- Actively supportand participate in all warehouse safety and safety committee requests.
- Abide by all local/SGWS employee guidelines as set in the Employee Handbook.
- System Proficiency – Effectively understand and utilize the WMS within each respective department.
- Working conditions – must be able to maintain very high proficiency and job standards while working in a non-temperature-controlled environment. Includes exposure to heat, humidity, noise, dust and fumes from power equipment. The physical and mental demands of the position are high.
- Attendance/Overtime – Required.
- Perform any and all other warehouse functions when requested by management.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Ability to pull and lift up to fifty pounds repetitively throughout the work shift.
- The ability to stand, bend squat, twist, and lift overhead fifty pounds repetitively during work shift.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, order picker and box cutter.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.