Inventory Control ClerkJob ID KAN00000207 Date posted 11/12/2019
The Inventory Control Clerk will be responsible for performing and keying cycle counts, working with leadership to analyze operations cycle counts, and maintaining inventory integrity. This position may also be responsible for one or more of the following job duties: receiving, stocking, and loading.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Participate in inventory counts as directed
* Resolve discrepancies including quantity errors, high/low issues, mis-ships
* Understand and adhere to the safety rules and requirements in the workplace
* Ensure warehouse equipment service needs, safety needs, workplace accidents, and other safety issues are reported promptly
* Attend safety meetings, and take safety classes, as needed
* Responsible for filling out equipment report before usage
* Responsible for meeting operational inventory efficiency goals and benchmarks
* Operate other warehouse equipment, as needed
* Perform other job related duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalency plus 1 year of experience
* Previous inventory control experience
* Ability to operate a forklift or other warehouse equipment safely
* Working knowledge of SAP software
* Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
* Knowledge of other MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions
* Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, presentation, and communications skills
* Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
* Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
* May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 15lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.