Backup Driver- CDL Class B
Kansas City, Missouri
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID KAN00000185 Date posted 08/14/2019
- Receives and checks in merchandise from in-bound shipments compare to purchase orders or other documents.
- Fills case and bottle orders for products billed to retail customers.
- Participates in inventory counts as directed.
- The ability to stand, walk, bend, squat, twist, lift and carry up to fifty pounds intermittently during work shift.
- The ability to stand, bend squat, twist, and lift overhead fifty pounds repetitively during work shift.
- Drives Company equipment in a professional and safe manner at all times.
- Delivers Company products as invoiced to specified licensed retailers.
- Checks in invoiced orders with customers in a friendly courteous manner.
- Accounts for all invoices of merchandise delivered and account for merchandise returned.
- Ensures that delivery logs are completed as required.
- Ensures truck check-in procedures are followed daily.
- Responsible for ensuring that the assigned work area is cleaned each day.
- Responsible to report any damage to equipment, racks or inventory breakage to a supervisor.
- Responsible to report any potential problems to a supervisor.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Class B CDL required
- Ability to read, write speak and understand English well.
- Ability to pull and lift fifty pounds repetitively throughout the work shift.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack and order picker and box cutter.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.