Depot Driver - Jacksonville
When you embark on a Driver career with Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits, you'll play an integral role in achieving operational efficiency in order to meet our customers' needs. You'll leverage your skills every day to fuel our success and advance your career. In return for your contribution, we'll provide you with the tools to grow, succeed and accomplish your personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service to each of our suppliers and customers and put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Driver at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Socially Conscious
The 5 Traits All of Our Drivers Share
So, you’re ready to kick off an exciting and rewarding career as a driver with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits? You might be asking yourself if you fit the bill to work with us, and – lucky for you – we’ve made things a lot simpler for you. We’ve highlighted five traits that all of our drivers share. Take a look and see if this is the right career for you!
Discover all the ways Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Life & Disability
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits understands happy families equal happy employees.
Paid Time Off
Paychecks are great, but that’s not all you get with a Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits career.
Importance of life outside of the company is important at Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits.
“Push/Pull” up to 50 lbs
Experience driving within the food and beverage industry
Customer facing and ability to problem solve
Class A/Class B license
ResponsibilitiesJob ID JAC00000096 Date posted 12/17/2018
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer, and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or incorrect product being sent from SGWS warehouse.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Collect monies owed to SGWS care of the account on a limited basis.
- Provide high level of service and explore additional business opportunities and new leads with customer and relay to sales force.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Overnight travel as required.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- 1-2 years experience in a distribution environment.
- Must possess a Class A/B Commercial Driver License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Minimum of two years of route delivery/driving experience.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 45-60+ pound cases of product. Ability to competently work independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry. Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.