Warehouse Worker - P.O.S.Job ID IND00000404 Date posted 02/12/2021
- Receive, store, and distribute on-premise material and products within the P.O.S Warehouse.
- Read customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Convey materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence in P.O.S. warehouse such as by company, by vendor, by salesperson, by merchandiser, etc.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distribute items to delivery staging area or other designated areas or people.
- Assemble orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Open incoming packages as required.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Use computer to enter or retrieve records.
- Prepare parcels for mailing or shipping.
- Maintain merchandising warehouse inventory records.
- Assist Division Directors in handing out party kits.
- Verify load against shipping papers.
- Prepare receipts for load picked up.
- High school diploma /GED.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must maintain annual OSHA Forklift Certification.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.