Trade Development Business Manager Indianapolis, INJob ID IND00000399 Date posted 01/06/2021
Serve as the primary liaison between the local market and designated suppliers; work to develop strategic direction for supplier priorities in order to meet volume and value targets through optimal allocation of resources and adherence to brand strategy/standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create marketing programs for use in the field, present new program ideas and efficiencies, and obtain senior leadership buy in
· Plan, execute, and evaluate sales, promotions, and marketing of brands
· Deliver marketing brand plans to sales force and management teams
· Lead Supplier Planning Initiatives, including supplier meetings, programming communication and business review/planning meeting with SGWS leadership
· Direct the implementation of new and existing marketing initiatives utilizing various strategic platforms for the division; develops new item launch strategies
· Ensure all programs fall in line with standards regarding tracking and execution by coordinating with Pricing, Business Intelligence, and Finance
· Set program objectives and measure ROI with KPI scorecard
· Manage purchasing, supplier shipment, and local delivery of assigned-supplier portfolios for incentive planning and inventory
· Ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy by channel
· Oversee funds and banks as related to local marketing and brand planning
· Utilize various available analytic tools (Sales Nav, Steelwedge, Compass, Go Spot Check, etc.) to identify local market intelligence and opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account (NAOP/ chains) dynamics, etc.
· Ensure all program tracking is accurate, timely and aligns with regional and individual state reporting
· Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry related events.
· Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers. Also to familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts
· Support POS / VAP planning and buys
· Coach, direct, and counsel team on overall performance; define expectations and monitor progress
· Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of relevant experience
· Able to obtain and meet industry licensing requirements as needed
· Must possess a valid driver license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
· Good knowledge of Commercial Finance and Pricing practices
· Knowledge of applicable state regulations and adult beverage market dynamics
- Proficient working knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email and specialized business applications software
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and relevant stakeholders
· Understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
· Must require little direction or supervision; thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate and entrepreneurial spirit
· Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output
· Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
· Overnight travel as required
· Previous beverage supplier programming and price structure experience
· Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
· Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
· Critical nature of this job may require extended hours, overtime and weekends
· May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Have an HR comment, question, or need more information about career opportunities at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits? Click here.